The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A favour to ask

wile e coyote

Hi all names darren and i am about to dive in and buy a supra TT but the problem i have is a lot of speed bumps in my area and a steep drive !

> I was hoping if somebody near to PLYMOUTH Devon with a supra who would be prapared to drive to my house and check that the car does not bottom out.

Please contact by email or 01752 360978

> Many Thanks

> Darren

> PLYMOUTH

> DEVON

Hi all names darren and i am about to dive in and buy a supra TT but the problem i have is a lot of speed bumps in my area and a steep drive !

> I was hoping if somebody near to PLYMOUTH Devon with a supra who would be prapared to drive to my house and check that the car does not bottom out.

> Many Thanks

> Darren

> PLYMOUTH

> DEVON

if you buy one thats a standard ride height and has no kit (not even the stock sideskirts) then it will be speed bump and multistorey friendly....

....not sure on your drive obviously!

> Many Thanks

> Darren

> PLYMOUTH

> DEVON

speedbumps in devon, surely not, thought it was tractors and the like down south west ;)

speedbumps in devon, surely not, thought it was tractors and the like down south west ;)

Yep, plenty of them about (I have to drive one of them)! And the kind of roads I have to drive on it feels as if you're driving over speed bumps permanently! :(

If its any help, I bought my Supra in Plymouth and tried it out over several speed bumps in Saltash. The car's stock apart from the exhaust but there was no problems.

Speed humps are not usually a problem from a bodywork point of view, unless you have the car stupidly low. It is usually the exhaust that will catch on speed bumps first, I have quite a few speed bumps to my house, so just go very slowly over them. A decent stainless steel exhaust should be able to cope with minor bottoming now and again.

Bodywork is more of a problem when going up or down slopes, ie. driveways, multistory car parks, etc. it is not just to do with how low the car is, but also how far forward the front lip extends, I need to be very careful with my TS front on slopes otherwise it will catch underneath the front lip.