The mkiv Supra Owners Club

security alarms Help

hulse

Hi

Just a quick question what type of alarms do people have and if they have had any problems. I just got a supra and insurance company say i need a cat1. are they expansive i have saw some for around the £200 mark but not sure if any good and was wondering what everyone else paid.as ikt took me 6 months to find a good clean one and dont want it stolen :p

Only 6 days to i pick up my baby

John

Hi John, welcome to the forums.

I only recently purchased a Supra myself and a top alarm was the first stop. I went for a Clifford 650 which seemed to come highly recommended, full cat 1 alarm and immobiliser and has the dual proximity sensor which means it will beep if someone gets too close to the car!

It cost £380 fully installed, but well worth the cash (I am not running to the window to check if the car is still there every 2 minutes any more!)

The guys installed a very cool flashing Clifford logo at the base of the windscreen aswell as an extra deterrant.

The Toad AI606 seems to be a strong contender also.

yes its cold should be fun in winter when the snow comes. hope the traction control works lol

yep but guess wat dont have it.

no need only right foot control thanks:d :cool:

if you would like to get rid of them elecy folding mirrors give us a shout!!!!!