The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Run What You Brung - Santa Pod 13th Aug

Homer

....need advice tho.

China

1) turn up with your driving license

2) pay your money and join the queue

3) When the cars in front of you go on their run move forward into position.

4) the hardest bit for first timers is getting staged......you need to creep upto the line whilst watching the lights in the centre...as you creep you will light one and then two orange lights....when the 2nd light comes on stop as you are then correctly staged....

5) as its your first time you will have almost certainly staged later than the other person so the change to all amber and green (go!) will probably be very shortly after you've staged and will probably catch you out, but don't worry as there is no reaction time penalty, your time will only start once you cut the start beam ie once you move from the staged position

6) lowering tyre pressures, left foot braking and burnouts before staging etc are all things that you can try later on. The above 'should' see you right for a simple quarter.

btw its fun! everyone should have a go at least once IMO..........

Good advice there Scooter :)

btw its fun! everyone should have a go at least once IMO..........

Thats the main thing - its only for fun so don't worry if you f-it up (Done that a few times now :D ). Once you try it once you can get easily hooked though!

In my experience it won't make much difference. At the weekend I did my fastest run with 50kg of spare wheels/tires in the boot/rear seats.

I think traction is likely to be your biggest problem, so any weight over the rear axle is an advantage on the start (but less so once you get grip). Make sure you lower tyre pressures though. I was recommened 20psi on street tires max and it does make a real difference to the run.