The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i have 19's if i had say 16's inch wheels would my n/a pull away faster??

supra-lover

Guest dee_rz

providing your rolling radias is decreased you will techinally have greater acceleration and if you increase rolling radias you'll increase top end speed, but thats provided your smaller footprint still grips, so there can somtime be a trade off to smaller wheels etc, look on a tire calulator to find out rolling rads etc :) :cool:

Guest dee_rz

there is very little difference from alloy to alloy size wise for acceleration i wouldn't worry too much fella, maybe go for a set of 18's as most people say the biggest you really want on a supra for handling and ride is 18's and at least then it'll still look good well better than 16" imo and keep the arches a little more full also, i done a 13.0@111mph on 18" 60ft 2.1 on street tyres only running 0.8 bar and that was full weight with spoiler and a big fat boot build which has gone now :D :cool: :)

there is very little difference from alloy to alloy size wise for acceleration i wouldn't worry too much fella, maybe go for a set of 18's as most people say the biggest you really want on a supra for handling and ride is 18's and at least then it'll still look good well better than 16" imo and keep the arches a little more full also, i done a 13.0@111mph on 18" 60ft 2.1 on street tyres only running 0.8 bar and that was full weight with spoiler and a big fat boot build which has gone now :D :cool: :)

i'll see how it goes mate, cheers for the info..top man

Guest dee_rz

and my mates don't believe my motor is a 3.2 :D 0.8 bar no fuel cut defencer and all the way down the run way it was 0.8 bar :cool: well a few don't but i have receipts for a £7800 build

60ft 2.1 on street tyres

and i can drive fairly well, can only put it down to the 3 years go karting and daily way i drive the car :D

is that in an auto or manual ? cos 2.1 is average according to Monkeymarks drag strip times.

Dee, please note i'm not trying to put you down just curious, i take it its harder to get a good 60 foot time in an auto with 18" wheels compared to a manual with 16" wheels ?? due to grip and delivery of power etc ?

If your 19's are;

Lighter than your 16's

Suspension is adjusted to suit 19's (softer at the rears as 19's will make it harder etc..)

Then nope 19's will be quicker:)

My 19" CCW's weigh almost the same as a stock rim :)

I was expecting them to be MUCh heavier but when I took the tyre off I was amazed :)

My 19" CCW's weigh almost the same as a stock rim :)

I was expecting them to be MUCh heavier but when I took the tyre off I was amazed :)

It goes to show, some people seem to think 19's = shit slow handling car,

This can be true most of the times, but if you do it right the difference in handling from stock can be minimal.

Guest dee_rz
is that in an auto or manual ? cos 2.1 is average according to Monkeymarks drag strip times.

Dee, please note i'm not trying to put you down just curious, i take it its harder to get a good 60 foot time in an auto with 18" wheels compared to a manual with 16" wheels ?? due to grip and delivery of power etc ?

manual fella, don't worry no offence taken :D on conti's now on f1's which feel much better