Pixelfill

When is preferred date  

30 members have voted

1. 1. When is preferred date

• 16 September
    • 23 September
    • 30 Spetember
    • Sometime in October

Dodgy has been talking to Hyper Sports and Racing in Wigan about the possibility of organising a rolling road session for the club. He's spoken to Chris there, and they are keen and would be happy to accomodate up to 15 cars in a Saturday session. The price is to be approximately £35 per car. This is obviously dependant on numbers but Chris has put a hard upper limit of 15 cars on the rollers in a day. I'm sure he wouldn't mind more spectators but definitely no more than 15 runners.

This limit is because he wants to provide some one-to-one consultation time, and potentially some tweaking of fuelling etc. to try and get the most out of each session.

Dodgy has now passed it across to me to pursue if the interest is there.

Provisional dates are available as 16/23/30 September, or later into October if necessary I've put a poll, but please only vote if you are interested in attending. If we get enough interest I see no reason why we couldn't have two separate sessions

The dyno they have installed is a Dyno Dynamics, and can theoretically handle up to 2400 bhp, They have already had a couple of our members on the road, so I know they can handle automatics.

This is now open to you guys to see if the interest is there.

EDIT:

Right - I've just spoken to Hyper and have provisionally booked the 23rd September

Judging by the poll this was the most popular with those who were going to run, with 6 runners and 2 potentials.

the other options were each 4 runners and 2 potentials.

If those of you who had selected a different date don't mind I'd appreciate if you could all confirm whether this date is suitable.

In order to make it worth their while they would like a minimum of 10 vehicles, in up to a maximum of 15 vehicles in total (we have a small amount of flexibility here).

If we can't make the minimum I will have to cancel so please help me to make this a good day for us all

Mike

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:blink: Spooky Mike i was there yesterday thinking the same (was chatting with the lads there while a FTO meeting was doing a dyno day ) i may well be up for that :cool:

Cheers

Ian

What was the session like Ian, were the owners getting much one-to-one consultancy, were the results pretty much what were expected. I presume Dave was there, how did he do?

Get your votes in for preferred dates guys ;)

Mike

Mike their result were a little down on what they was expecting i think but the FTOs are very fuel set up dependant (or that was what seemed to come out) it was a good session i wasnt there for the start but everybody there was happy and enjoyed the morning,there was a good "one to one" stuff showing how to improve etc and explanation of the graph,s etc, Dave did quite well his was the second powerfulist (IS that a word !:blink: ), i think Chris (hyper sports) would prefer nearer 12 more than 15 there is only about 4 hours to do the lot ie 9am to 1pm i think they will be keen to show off their new Rolling road set up etc

im easy on the dates so any for me, just have to have a bit of notice for work etc

Cheers

Ian

unless you've got an SAFC or mappable ECU there's not really much tweaking can be done really is there?

i'm gonna leave this one since i've had nothing done since the last mods & i think i would go back to the same place again to try and get a consistent measurement if i was going to go

may still come along to watch though as i've been considering these guys for the next round of mods since Gareth had some good stuff to say about them

Come on guys, could do with a feel for which dates are preferred so get your votes cast (even if it's for all the options)

Looks like the 30th will clash with Tom's NE night out, but if that's the most popular date I'll arrange it for then but might not make it myself.

Mike

so far:

1) Pixelfill (run)

2) lionheart (run)

3) shytot (run ?)

4) rob_wild (run)

5) RobSupra (run)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13) Guru (possible run)

14) Dodgy (possible run)

15) Matt H (possible run)

wez_p (spectator)

garetheves (spectator)

I'm up for this.Maybe only as a spectator cos my Supra is virtualy standard.However, it is booked in for a full service and decat with Hyper SR this Saturday coming:D

1) Pixelfill (run)

2) lionheart (run)

3) shytot (run ?)

4) rob_wild (run)

5) RobSupra (run)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)AntD(possible run)

13) Guru (possible run)

14) Dodgy (possible run)

wez_p (spectator)

garetheves (spectator)

rmountain05 (spectator)

Rich - got your email mate (and replied)

1) Pixelfill (run)

2) lionheart (run)

3) shytot (run)

4) rob_wild (run)

5) RobSupra (run)

6) rmountain05 (run)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12) AntD(possible run)

13) Guru (possible run)

14) Dodgy (possible run)

wez_p (spectator)

garetheves (spectator)

Rich - got your email mate (and replied)

1) Pixelfill (run)

2) lionheart (run)

3) shytot (run)

4) rob_wild (run)

5) RobSupra (run)

6) rmountain05 (run)

7) Leonv (run)

8) adam5284 (run)

9)

10)

11)

12) AntD(possible run)

13) Guru (possible run)

14) Dodgy (possible run)

wez_p (spectator)

garetheves (spectator)

I am happy with either 23rd or the 30th

Right - I've just spoken to Hyper and have provisionally booked the 23rd September

Judging by the poll this was the most popular with those who were going to run, with 6 runners and 2 potentials.

the other options were each 4 runners and 2 potentials.

If those of you who had selected a different date don't mind I'd appreciate if you could all confirm whether this date is suitable.

In order to make it worth their while they would like a minimum of 10 vehicles, in answer to Rob's question they are happy to accomodate other marques if we need to make up numbers, up to a maximum of 15 vehicles in total (we have a small amount of flexibility here).

If we can't make the minimum I will have to cancel so please help me to make this a good day for us all

1. Pixelfill (Run)

Mike