The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I ran a 13.72 today! Over the moon :)

GazzaGSi

As above, 13.72 @ 104.97mph. Running 0.8bar.

2 vids here:

Run 1

Run 2

Was very pleased and was a great day. Very hot and have a burnt face and neck lol. Great to have a chat with afew people off here.

Big thanks to greg and sam (turbofit) for supplying me with some tickets and the little convoy there this morning, we got there in the end! :)

Time slips and afew pics from down there: (also found a little minx too :D )

DSC00092.JPG

DSC00091.JPG

DSC00090.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

IMG_5643.JPG

IMG_5769.JPG

IMG_5771.JPG

DSCF0229a.JPG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As above, 13.72 @ 104.97mph. Running 0.8bar.

2 vids here:

Run 1

Run 2

Was very pleased and was a great day. Very hot and have a burnt face and neck lol. Great to have a chat with afew people off here.

Big thanks to greg and sam (turbofit) for supplying me with some tickets and the little convoy there this morning, we got there in the end! :)

Time slips and afew pics from down there: (also found a little minx too :D )

She's saying (through gritted teeth) "your hand moves another inch down and I'll break your face!"

:D

Well done mate.

lmao i think the guy in the golf thought he had you for a split second

lol, my reaction time for that was over 2 secs but I wasnt ready so wasnt gonna ruin my last run and tried to compose myself.

Fair Play Gaz! Excellent! Bet your chuffed!

How the hell did you get your mrs to take a photo of you with that minx!

Nice one mate.

Any more runs planned for this year?

Want to try and get as many as possible in!

Good time mate, starting to set a bar for the NA-T's :)

How did you find the grip today - particulary in 1st? I had a nightmare yesterday getting the power down, as soon as 2nd turbo came online it spun up and had terrible wheel hop.

I got a 2.2 6-ft, 13.6 @ 108mph but was only 0.8bar due to the heat!

for the record and to add some perspective to GazzaGSi''s time........this is as quick as my old completely stock UK TT (in fact slightly better)

not sure of his exact NA-T spec but IMO for anyone considering going this way i'd find out, cause whatever it is, thats as far as you need to go to get a very swift car, well done :)

1st was wasnt bad, better than at the japshow there afew weeks back, I pulled off at around 3k rpm and gradually let the clutch up, abit of slippage and wheel spin but nothing too major. I guess for TT's though its even harder to get grip as you have more power than me in the low revs as my boost doesnt start coming on till around 3.2k rpm. Had no troubles in 2nd gear, just a little screech and that was it.

Hopefully with the anti lag unit the time may come down abit more :)

for the record and to add some perspective to GazzaGSi''s time........this is as quick as my old completely stock UK TT (in fact slightly better)

not sure of his exact NA-T spec but IMO for anyone considering going this way i'd find out, cause whatever it is, thats as far as you need to go to get a very swift car, well done :)

Thanks mate :) Appreciated.

I ran a 13.87 yesterday and wasn't very happy with my times at all considering my car is BPU, Hybrid Turbos and running at 1.4 Bar, not very impressed at all even though my runs felt really fast in the car ???

puts into prospective how good them na-t's are:)

I ran a 13.87 yesterday and wasn't very happy with my times at all considering my car is BPU, Hybrid Turbos and running at 1.4 Bar, not very impressed at all even though my runs felt really fast in the car ???

Don't feel bad mate, everyone (well the owners of turbo'd cars) were complaining it was too hot to run decent times.

How was your boost pressure on the day? Mine dropped to 0.8 bar! Ran much better at 3am the following morning, 1.1 bar is soo much better :D