The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Lucky Escape

Pixelfill

I put the Supe in for it's M.O.T. yesterday, and I knew that the rear tyres were over worn on the inner edge, so I bought some new ones and had them fitted yesterday morning before the test.

I asked the garage if I could keep the old tyres as I was going to use them for "off road" track activities. However, when I got them home I saw this. So no spare track day tyres for me :(

I don't know how I did it, or how long it's been like this but it's all the way down to the metal reinforcement bands. The last two times I was out in the Supe were to TOTB and to JAE, neither of which involved sedate driving ;) so just a heads up guys keep an eye on your tyres.

On the plus side she sailed through the M.O.T. only an advisary on my "perfectly legal" (in the special regs on Import vehicles) license plate

Mike

tyre_split.jpg

tyre_closeup.jpg

strange, I just had to replace my tyres as they had some very strange cuts in the tread and I was at JAE and TOTB...perhaps just coincidence.

JB

hmm unusual to see splits across a tyre tread like that.

I changed mine last week and had splits along the tread but i would be a bit suspicious if it was scored across it like that.

I had a goodyear do this from one side to the other on my last car - not as deep (not far off though) but the whole width of the tyre.

I put it down to a spirited start on a really hot day a few weeks before where my rears were spinning but jumping - catching and releasing - as if with a knackered shocker. I saw a ferrari doing the same at the pod a few months before - the rear tyre just bouncing....

Blimey that looks deliberate... Are you sure that the tyre service people didn't do it so they know the tyres are definately scrap, before they gave you them back ??? With regards to tyre skip my car did that excessively whilst doing a burnout at Santa Pod this weekenk, I must have a close look at my tyres....

Blimey that looks deliberate... Are you sure that the tyre service people didn't do it so they know the tyres are definately scrap, before they gave you them back ???...

I'll be pissed if they did, I wanted them as track tyres, the outer edge was in very good condition, so I could have used them but just wouldn't have been road legal due to the excessive wear on the inner edge.

I'm worried now about sabotage though, if it is sabotage it's bloody stupid :complain:

Mike