Guest CarLover

Guys, I'm still looking for TT Auto.

UK-spec really prefer, but might consider J-spec

Must have (really a must):

Auto box

Bodykit

Leather (at least rear seats)

17"+ alloys

Almost any colour considered (but not pink or green), prefer black, silver, bronze or something unusual

Not high mileage

Service history

Clear HPI

Wouldn't disclose budget but prepaired to pay for nice example

Not too far from London (150-200 miles is OK)

PLS email me on: [email protected] as I'm not here very often

The prices vary alot from car to car but for a mint example with the leather etc you would pay about £10k for say a 1996 GZ with 50/60k miles on the clock?

UK specs go for more than JSPEC too, but 10k is still a fair price for something similar.

Just so you have an idea mate :)

Guest CarLover
The prices vary alot from car to car but for a mint example with the leather etc you would pay about £10k for say a 1996 GZ with 50/60k miles on the clock?

UK specs go for more than JSPEC too, but 10k is still a fair price for something similar.

Just so you have an idea mate :)

Thx, I know the prices mate;)

The main issue is to find a nice example. I've seen a few cars by now & still not there.

For example - it is very difficult to find UK-spec with bodykit, most of them are standard. But I dont like standard Supra look (sorry, personal preference)

I've seen one with bodykit: £8K, 60K miles but had no history & cat D

It is gone by now maybe should take it but decided not to - due to unverified mileage and cat D without any details.

Most of J-specs I've seen had total crap interior.

So it is not that easy I must say ;) Even you have a budget. I could buy standard UK-spec & do some work to it - bodykit + respray, but it would be around £2K extra + have no time

Guest CarLover
What sort of budget do you have in mind?

I don't want to disclose the budget ;) I must say it is enough to buy the car I like for the right market price

Just I wouldn't pay same money for UK & J-spec etc...Everything depends from the car.

Most of J-specs I've seen had total crap interior.

Sorting the interior will be cheaper than adding a bodykit. Very reasonable interior retrims for under 1K.

TBH: the quality of the cars mechanicals is more important than the quality of the interior.

Mike

I don't want to disclose the budget ;) I must say it is enough to buy the car I like for the right market price

Just I wouldn't pay same money for UK & J-spec etc...Everything depends from the car.

Well, if you dont want to disclose your budget then it is going to be difficult for people to help by pointing you in the right direction of available cars.

Guest CarLover
Sorting the interior will be cheaper than adding a bodykit. Very reasonable interior retrims for under 1K.

TBH: the quality of the cars mechanicals is more important than the quality of the interior.

Mike

do you mean new buttons. new dashboard etc? that's interesting, I didn't know that it is possible

i didn't mean seats - looks like I will need to change them anyway

Guest CarLover
Well, if you dont want to disclose your budget then it is going to be difficult for people to help by pointing you in the right direction of available cars.

well, I just don't want to say, for example, 11K - than people would ask 10,5K for their 7-8K worth J-spec ;) everybody know that these cars are worth only what someone prepare to pay

OK - I think around 10K budget is more less fair for UK-spec, or I'm wrong?

well, I just don't want to say, for example, 11K - than people would ask 10,5K for their 7-8K worth J-spec ;) everybody know that these cars are worth only what someone prepare to pay

OK - I think around 10K budget is more less fair for UK-spec, or I'm wrong?

I think 10k for a UK auto will be about right and should see you get a nice example. :)