The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not a good start for my weekend at USC

johnd-mkiv

20 miles away from home then this

driving in the outside lane with a container lorry next to me, the woman in front of me desides she wants to go into a petrol station she swerves over in front of the lorry slams her brakes on an pulls in the garage whilst doing this, the lorrys locked up swerved to miss her an taken me out :(

scored two wheels, both wings an my new front bumper, could have been worse though as me mates following behind said it looked like the container was going over when he swerved.

managed to strap the bumper back on limp it to me dads workshop then to a temp fix that would get me to usc.

Apart from the accident its been a good weekend and the weather held out too. ill have a load of pics once me mate uploads them from his camera

what a stupid bitch,,, sounds to me the poor lorry driver did some good driving,,, he could have quite easierly taken you all out, could have been fatal...i would have gone mental at her

There was nothing he could have done an i think i would have done the same move in his position, as he said if he would have hit her he would have wiped them out

There was nothing he could have done an i think i would have done the same move in his position, as he said if he would have hit her he would have wiped them out

sorry about your car mate:( just be greatfull it could have been a LOT worse...dave was telling me last night he has only just done your front bumper for you

my mate has just done his class one, he loves it!

bring it on lol mind you being a supra fan i don't think i would have swerved out of her way if it was me, the thought of hitting a soop in a lorry :blink: i would have taken her up the road with me for a few meters lol lol wouldn't of been the lorrys fault at all, as long as he was breaking

It amazes me how many people morons think a truck can stop as quick as a car, they have no appreciation for the weight of these vehicles.

I've seen several trucks slam on locking their wheels after some idiot has pulled infront of them, I've also had it happen whilst I was overtaking a lorry on the M6 and it was a brown trouser moment for several of us.

If I was a lorry driver (dont worry, Im not lol), I'd have just slammed on in a straight line, if you wipe the idiot out who cut you up so be it, after all its one less idiot at the end of the day. Why swerve and ruin someone elses day.

Sorry about your car John, hopefully it wont be too costly nor time consuming to fix it back like new.

It amazes me how many people morons think a truck can stop as quick as a car, they have no appreciation for the weight of these vehicles.

I've seen several trucks slam on locking their wheels after some idiot has pulled infront of them, I've also had it happen whilst I was overtaking a lorry on the M6 and it was a brown trouser moment for several of us.

If I was a lorry driver (dont worry, Im not lol), I'd have just slammed on in a straight line, if you wipe the idiot out who cut you up so be it, after all its one less idiot at the end of the day. Why swerve and ruin someone elses day.

Sorry about your car John, hopefully it wont be too costly nor time consuming to fix it back like new.

here here