The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help on buying Supra

Supradk84

Hey Guys. Hope you can help me. Im looking for a Supra GZ Aerotop, right hand drive. I want to import it to Denmark. How much should i pay for that kind of car. Would you recomend that i buy it through a impot-company or private dealer. If a company is the best, do you have any suggestions or link to one i can trust. Its a long way from here, if the car i rubbish.

sorry if my spelling is a little of. hope its readable.

Thanks, Danni

Thanks alot!!!

yes i know, but i want it width aerotop, and only the GZ/SZ comes width that. The SZ i without turbo.

The problem is if you mount a turbo-kit on a car that isn't manifactured with it, and the police catch you. You will get a ticket you cant pay your way out of. Its not legal to put turbos on cars that dont have it from the factory, in This Dumb country (Denmark)

you also have to pay about 180% taxes of the cars value, to the state, just to get plates on the car. Depending on witch car and model it is. I can save up to 9000£ in taxes, if i buy a right hand drive, rather than a left hand drive.

Argh right thats interesting about the turbo thing, i presume it basically stops anyone modifying there car.

They'll be no problem finding yourself a TT although like i say finding an aero is pretty tricky as they where only made for a limited amount of time i believe. Youll also save yourself quite a bit of money buying a TT hardtop.

What about a 6-speed manual TT hardtop?

Do you prefer manual or auto gearbox?

Rayman: not really. Here every car gets called to af goverment issued chek, every 2 years, so people just unmount the turbo prior to the chek. Its not legal to have turbo on your car unless its manifactured with it. The rules here are very strict! The problem with manual gear is, that here all cars are left hand drive, so i think i will have a hard time getting used to driven manual gear, with right hand drive. But i prefer manual.