The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Idea for the traders - despoiler blanking plates!

hadyn

Just had a brainwave and I dont know how feasible it is, but how about someone producing some despoilering blanking plates? E.g. two plates to cover up the holes left once the stock spoiler is removed? This would then mean people would only have to colour code two bits of plastic, rather than get the rear hatch holes filled up and smoothed over?

Surely a good idea, non?

I think that might look a little cack and personally would prefer to fill and paint to make it look pukka.

Yep, plus the people that really want to de-spoiler probably won't mind spending a few quid to do so... (especially as they'll be able to sell the spoiler to cover the costs!)

Gaz.

I can't see why you'd want to remove the spoiler in the first place :D

EXACTLY....

Careful with this subject everyone will be dummy spitting:p ,

been down this route with a simple yes / no thread that got very personal,

Each to their own in what you like ... but a Supe with no spoiler ........ mmmm

funny thing is people who buy without go yuk and pay big money to put a spoiler on ( diffferent types) and all the others want to take them off,

I think Toyota design dept made the decison long ago and put Spoilers on most of them, that look is what sold the car long before we saw it over here and long after we lost it over here, The Japs love their Bodykits and Spoilers

Thats what the the JDM look over there is all about,