The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm After A Supra Bonnet With The Air Scoop Thing In The Middle??

supra-lover

If you want it to be functional, it is actually quite involved to fit. You'd also need the bits coming from the cyl head and mate with the scoop output as the bonnet shuts.

If you just cut a hole and stick it then it will be dysfunctional --> sending high pressure air where normally low pressure should be, making underbonnet air circulation worse.

ok , i understand the point of the air flow problem if its just cosmetic you want , , and in my case thats all i wanted .

so once the scoop is assembled, instead of cutting one huge hole , and have airflowproblems , what i did was to cut four small rectangular slots , so the scoop drops in , takes a bit of patience .

job done :)

ok , i understand the point of the air flow problem if its just cosmetic you want , , and in my case thats all i wanted .

so once the scoop is assembled, instead of cutting one huge hole , and have airflowproblems , what i did was to cut four small rectangular slots , so the scoop drops in , takes a bit of patience .

job done :)

i'm gonna go for a bonnet already done i think, i dont too hassle jobs lol:)

well i only have an n/a but it wouls still be nice to have it working:) i may buy a carbon bonnet and spray it

WHY OH WHY would you want to do this??? thats why you buy a carbon bonnet...light weight and looks the nuts...you go buy a nice carbon bonnet i'll get a uk bonnet with scoop and then we will swap. :D

WHY OH WHY would you want to do this??? thats why you buy a carbon bonnet...light weight and looks the nuts...you go buy a nice carbon bonnet i'll get a uk bonnet with scoop and then we will swap. :D

cause a carbon bonnet looks horrible when not sprayed....

IMO obviously.