The mkiv Supra Owners Club

not my month

Branners

Well after the problems going to TOTB (reversing BMW smashed my headlight and bent the dildo), and coming back (engine management light came on and car stalled when ever it went on boost) my problems got worse today. I went to move the supra off the drive so the builders can take the side of the house away and found it had a flat rear tyre. Took the wheel off the and tyre was destroyed on the inner edge so it must have had a problem on the way back from TOTB.

Phoned up Northway Tyres in Watford to see what they had in stock and luckily they had 2 x Bridgestone S-02 in 265x35x18. They did me a top deal so I now have 2 new rear tyres (and a car that still wont go on boost...).

I just hope the boost problem isnt expensive as my luck is heading that way at the moment.

JB

havent had a chance to get the codes checked yet, Im sure that will show where the problem is and then Phoenix can track it back from there.

Problem is the car is about to go in to storage for 8 months so I dont want to spend anything on it, Im annoyed enough about the tyres, dont want to do anything else to it at this point.

We think the problem might be loose wiring in the footwell, my fields harness is getting old now and the pins are starting to fail, it could be thats the problem.

JB

everybody keeps telling me to take the dildos off but its the one defining thing that a UK spec has and having changed almost everything else to j-spec I feel its best to keep the dildos to put the j-spec owners in their place.

The tyre place is Northway Tyres in Watford. Their initial quote was £190 per tyre but when I asked them to see what they could do for 2 tyres they dropped it to £310 all in, which was pretty good for s-02s but then they are old stock now.

JB

everybody keeps telling me to take the dildos off but its the one defining thing that a UK spec has and having changed almost everything else to j-spec I feel its best to keep the dildos to put the j-spec owners in their place.

JB

i also like the dildo's, on the car that is

Well after the problems going to TOTB (reversing BMW smashed my headlight and bent the dildo), and coming back (engine management light came on and car stalled when ever it went on boost) my problems got worse today. I went to move the supra off the drive so the builders can take the side of the house away and found it had a flat rear tyre. Took the wheel off the and tyre was destroyed on the inner edge so it must have had a problem on the way back from TOTB.

Phoned up Northway Tyres in Watford to see what they had in stock and luckily they had 2 x Bridgestone S-02 in 265x35x18. They did me a top deal so I now have 2 new rear tyres (and a car that still wont go on boost...).

I just hope the boost problem isnt expensive as my luck is heading that way at the moment.

JB

Speak to Perry there in future, Just mention Andy ( SilverSupra)

Mate had same thing on his Saab Turbo it cut out on boost (its a safety feature to protect engine),

can't remember what it was now but was a simple fix and not ££££

yep, and I just have to get new headlamps in and then I can work out what the next step is. Im assuming you would like it running without the engine management light on and able to go on boost? If so then its off to Phoenix for a quick look.

JB

Well it'll be easier to get her here if she's working :)