The mkiv Supra Owners Club

aero top drilling time!

Poncho

right, im fed up of buggering about and trying to think of what to do with it. im finally goin to drill out my stuck roof bolt.

REALLY praying that i can fix the bolt-nut problem once i have drilled it, or im goin to be a bit screwed when the rain comes!

wish me luck:eek:

its not the thread thats the problem, the nut inside the roof has come away, and is spinning. problem is the roof panel is 1 piece, so cant get inside to re-attach the nut:( need to get tea and think about this one, good job the weather is nice!

Guest SteveW's Carole

Don't quite get this one (being a OLD thickie !:( )

Isn't the bit IN the roof panel the BOLT (hex-head) ??

Doesn't that 'screw' into the thread/captive nut in the CAR ?

When you say the NUT in the roof which bit is it ?

[sORRY, Steve W here...NOT Carole ! just in case i just

posted a REALLY thick post ! !]

the bolt is on the chassis of the car, it screws into the captive nut in the roof panel. i have sorted it now, after some swearing and stuff. only way i could see to do it was to drill through the roof, and the nut, and screw a self tapper into it, preventing the nut from moving. and it worked:) it dont look great, but when its on the car, you cant see, so its all good