The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A nice subtle mod lastnight

GazzaGSi

Very pleased with myself :D

The gauge itself was too small for the hole that the fan came out of. So I dismantled the fan and put the gauge inside the casing that the fan is held together in. As you can see from the pic, the gauge was a perfect fit for the fan casing, and as I used the fan casing, it slotted straight back in the hole it came out of! I fed the wiring harness behind the dash and its now under the carpet. Looks really great, was very proud of myself, just need to wire it in and 'T' it in to the correct pipe.

Almost looks a factory fit :)

Guest dee_rz

Have you been looking in my car :D i done this last year exactly the same place and exactly the same greddy gage too it's freeky :D looks awesome doesn't it, nice going bud :cool:

please do, cause my blitz gauge is too small and id like to fit it the same way...

any instructions.

Here's what I did.

Removed the panels on the dash so removal of the fan/vent was accesable.

Holding the fan in place behind the dash is a plastic bracket which has 3 small plastic clips coming off it.

Gently (so they dont break) lever back the 3 clips and slide the bracket backwards.

You can now push the vent backwards and it pops out.

The vent has a plastic mesh net on the back, use a pair of snips to cut the mesh off as the back of the gauge comes out further than what the mesh would allow if left on.

Now the fan casing is in 2 parts and held together by 3 plastic clips on the inside. Gently lever the clips back and the casing will come apart in to pieces.

The open/close part of the fan can now be removed.

Put the gauge flush with the part of the fan casing which faces the front of the dash and reassmble the rear - sliding the rear section of the assembly over the gauge and locking the 3 plastic clips in place.

I had to pack the middle of the fan casing as the casing is of a oval shape and the gauge was not sturdy - depending on the gauge I guess you would have to do this.

I then got a A5 plastic wallet and ziptied it over the hole that the air would come out of.

Put the bracket back on that locks the fan assembly to the dash.

Do not forget to feed the wiring harness from the back of the gauge behind the dash so wires are hidden. My wires came out in the passenger footwell and are now tucked under the carpet.

Reassemble dash.

Pretty much it to be honest. Will read it over afew times to see if it needs editing as I may have missed something.

Cheers

(and thanks again)

Gaz

Have you been looking in my car :D i done this last year exactly the same place and exactly the same greddy gage too it's freeky :D looks awesome doesn't it, nice going bud :cool:

Just checked you garage and you have no pics! Get it updated!

And sorry no i havnt seen your car, I guess two great minds think alike! ;)

Yep, I really like it :)