The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SAFC II Baseline settings

MaveriK

Greetings,

Looking for a little help with setting up the SAFC II for 650 injectors. Can someone please post up what settings they have so i can at least get my baby running?

I am just desperate to get back on the road so any help would be most MOST welcome.

Thanks in advance peeps!

Is that a JSpec?

If so, you don't want anybody else's 'baseline' settings, best to do it with a wideband on a RR so it doesn't go way-off at any point.

Remember that the AFCII also changes the ignition settings (by proxy) and fooling the ECU that load is *so* much lower could well force it to use maps with tonnes of ignition advance.

Therefore make sure you take it easy with full-throttle situations immediately after any ECU reset because it will detonate. Use a mix of race fuel if you can during the critical mapping period, especially during hot days.

OK, i am not after a perfect install as the car is going to Turbofit wednesday. But in order for it to get there i would quite like the bastard to start every once in a while. I will not be getting after it until all is perfect but i really need to use it for day to day driving.

Your injectors flow 50% more than what your ECU expects them to.

That is a big gap for the SAFCII to 'mop up'

So even when mapped it will be fooling the ECU to think that the engine load is way lower than reality, forcing it to use maps with a lot of ignition advance (which a JSpec has by the bucketload, expecting japanese 100RON)

Don't push it further by going with blind SAFC settings, you are risking damage without AFR and knock feedback.

Is yours a VVTi? In that case make sure that you wire it to the correct signal (not the MAP sensor like the other JSpecs)