The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAF Marham Trackday

heckler

RAF Marham is a strange place, its a very closely knitted community! I felt like an outsider when I last went there, loads of mum's pushing prams everwhere you look! I got the impression that the Army certainly looks after the squadron's families! Having lunch with a pint at the officer's mess was cool :D

Right, turns out that my boss organises theses...

If you want to come along...

You need to phone: Jan Gault on 01760 337261 ext 7205

YOU MUST DO THIS BY THE END OF THE WEEK!!

And provide the following details

• Name
  • Address
  • Place of birth
  • Date of birth
  • Email Address
  • Vehicle details

The reason for asking is you will be vetted - security and all that.

As McGoo already stated in a previous thread, and one i missed...

Its on the weekend of the 2/3rd september.

Saturday is a half day (£40) as it is shared with bikes also, Sunday is a full day (£60) - money goes towards charity

Theres are NO noise restrictions!

Runway section will be 1 mile, and its smoooooooth tarmac all the way, the track is roughly 4.3 miles in length with some twisty sections.

theres at least 9 evo's coming, a whole host of lambos, including a diablo, countach and several murchialogo's (SP?) gayardos etc.. and a Ford GT - there are more coming, but i cant remember!

On the sunday there is an Enzo coming along.

So, if you want to see how you car compares to these, so Dial the Number NOW!

The more the better.

Saturday is a half day (£40) as it is shared with bikes

Just to make it clear cars and bikes WILL NOT be on the track at the same time.

Saturday consists of four 20min sessions, Sunday six 20min sessions

MODS- can we get this thread in the 'National' please as i would love to see a few more soops attend than last time. Opportunities like this dont normally come so cheap.;) and we had a great time last time..:D .see thread..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=798824&posted=1#post798824

Hmm so tempted by this

think i will feel left out being NA and all that lol

That won't be a problem there will be lots of slower cars than you, ( my N/A Zed for instance) Anyway its not a race and you can go at your own pace there is plenty of room.:)

• 3 weeks later...

well thats was an intersting track day! although saturday it rained, but then dried out... there were lots of people spinning off which kept up marshals very busy! Sunday - well, thats was a different storey. sunny all day,i got sunburn, some sexy cars, loads od lambos, an Enzo, Carerra GT. and the fastest car round the track? a Vaxhall Carlton. these guys just didnt care. again, kept us busy by putting all the cones back up.

And there was only one supe on the track. me. now, that was fun, sorry, but coulnt quite keep up with the big boys. But overall I think we raised about £9k for charity.

I think I'm going to go and bu me a track car.