The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top bloke that Zap

ChrisSZ

Came round and helped me fit a nice bunch of blingy bolts and colsoop's chromed bonnet hinges - after I'd put all of his carefully sorted out nuts, bolts etc. on a shelf in my garage which promptly collapsed (the shelf - not the garage!!) spilling all his very tidy bits all over the floor:Pling: Luckily he'd brought Tina along for just such an emergency so we ended up spending 1/2hr on our hands and knees picking the whole lot up again (thank god I'd just cleaned and tidied the garage floor).

Cheers dude - you're a star :D :d

Hi Col,

Actually very simple - remove the three bolts along the top of the wing and the one inside the door shut, gently move the wing outwards and wedge open with a tea towel, remove the bolts holding the hinge to the bonnet and the hinge to the top of the wing, remove the hinge (unclip the washer jet hoses on the left hand side), replace with a nice shiny one, re-assemble in reverse order and repeat on the other side (have someone to help support the bonnet throughout). It should all line up as the bolts have locator shoulders on them :) :) :)

Came round and helped me fit a nice bunch of blingy bolts and colsoop's chromed bonnet hinges - after I'd put all of his carefully sorted out nuts, bolts etc. on a shelf in my garage which promptly collapsed (the shelf - not the garage!!) spilling all his very tidy bits all over the floor:Pling: Luckily he'd brought Tina along for just such an emergency so we ended up spending 1/2hr on our hands and knees picking the whole lot up again (thank god I'd just cleaned and tidied the garage floor).

Cheers dude - you're a star :D :d

No problems fella

Glad to be of help

It did take us 5 hours, however, to sort out all the nuts and bolts:p :p

• 1 month later...