The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil adapter disaster! - Help!

Lebsteif

Hey guys

I wanted to install my adapter plate this evening but it didn't went as it should go. I removed the oil filter, that wasn;t a big deal. I took the sandiwch plate and i did some oil on the rubber of the plate, took the bolt placed the plate and started to screw the bolt on. No problem here. Than i wanted to put the oil filter back on, that didn;t work! it seems to be that the oil filter can;t be placed on the the bolt. The oil filter hole is a little bit too small or my bolt is to big!

Are there filters with a bigger opening?

the other problem is that i tried to take of the sandwich plate again, but the bolt wont come loose! i tried ii tried i tried it didn;t move.

My situation is f*cked, please who can help me?

It was a blanco brand product, on the package it said for Toyota & Nissan i recieved it from one of the Authorised Traders here on the board :(

If you got it from a trader on this board then talk to them about the problem and they should help you, if not then let us know who it is :)

Paul

It was me. I sold alot of those sandwich plates and never had a problem with those.

My feeling is that there is perhabs an packing error in the factory and they packed the Mazda bolt stuff into the Toyota package as its basicly exactly the same just a little bit bigger thread size.

No big deal indeed, such things can happen.

D3xt3r has helped me really good via telephone, its worth a compliment!

The bolt was indeed a mazda bolt, i bought one and it fitted perfectly. a friend of my knew someone who could get the right bolt. i managed to take off the wrong bolt as well, it took a lot of time and effort but now everything is as should be, the right bolt and the right filter.

Thanks for the answers and help!

D3xt3r, thanks once more, the installation of the gauges is almost done and it looks really great!

The ones I sell fit perfectly too it was just a mistake from the factory that they packed the wrong bolt into the package.

I'm sorry for all the trouble and will honor that when you need anything else in the future.

I hope you are satisfied with the gauges and do some nice pics for the rest of the guys to see.

Thanks

Sounds like a good response from the trader, i was looking at getting something like this just to add a gauge or two.

might be worth checking what the factory have sent though if they do it alot to save the customers undercrackers if nothing else!

m.