The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not the most pleasant job

Mike M

Just fitted my new fuel filter, talk about crap jobs. Mechanically really simple but at the same time awkward and the stink of optimax was gettin too much for me lying under there with petrol running down my arms. Then after tightening everything up thinking great i'm finished I had a leak at that crap flared pipe fitting that was mega tight anyway. Why didn't MR T fit two of those banjo connections the job would have been much easier.

Anyway all leak free and road tested, and now for the Walbro. :D

Thanks to MKivstore for the sharp delivery of the parts, oh and the Kiddie's supermix is more than making up for the smell of petrol.:)

Mike

On the deck it's a poxy job. :(

On a ramp, pretty easy.

It doesn't help that its a tapered thread rather than banjo unions.

If you can chat up the guys at the local exhaust bay to lend you the ramp for 20 minutes or so, it'll make the job a doddle.

Unfortunately, I couldn't so did mine on a trolley and stands :(

Before undoing the fuel filter take the spare wheel out, whip off the round cover and disconnected the banjo nut from the top of the fuel tank. That way the fuel doesn't syphon out of the tank and down the line and go everywhere. You only lose the small amount that is in the line to start with.

Before undoing the fuel filter take the spare wheel out, whip off the round cover and disconnected the banjo nut from the top of the fuel tank. That way the fuel doesn't syphon out of the tank and down the line and go everywhere. You only lose the small amount that is in the line to start with.

Thats a good idea..... genius in fact, I have this job to look forward to probably tomorrow!!!...