The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need advice. newbie

Guest andy_orridge

Guest andy_orridge

hi guys ive recently signed up on your forum as im just about to buy a supra. ive owned my 200sx for the last 2 years but ive always wanted the supra (the 200sx was sort of a stop gap) and now is the time to sell. ive been looking at a few and done some research so i have a fair idea of whats what.

my question is... im thinking about importing a supra as ive seen a fair few i like at a very reasonable price. but then i keep thinking should i just buy 1 thats already in the uk but not the spec ive been looking at. whats your thoughts and views on this as im trying to get as many opions as possible my business partner says to import but this would be my first attempt at importing.

thanks for your time

Hello and welcome Andy

I really wanted to import my own car, but the more I looked into it the more of a minefield it became. It can be done obviously, but without seeing it in person and even then (for me anyway) not really knowing what was lurking under the immaculate shiny shell, its going to be a risk. A lot of people who import use an agent they trust, someone who lives and breathes the auctions and can immediately pass on the gen on the top cars....take this one step further and add on the agents fee, you are an ace away from using a proven importer as your agent. I did it that way, giving the importer a wish list of spec / colour etc and waited. I got the car I wanted, cost a little more, but I had some guarantee and someone to fall back on if there were problems with the car later on. Jurgen on here comes highly recommended.

Alternatively, there are some great cars over here already, which have gone through the process a while back and have some membership history.

Good luck either way:)