The mkiv Supra Owners Club

turbo lag

ADD

ever since i changed my smic for a fmic ive had really bad turbo lag (seems to be getting worse)...is this normal? to the point now that i put my foot down and it takes a good couple of seconds to pull.

BUT i had problems with fitting one of the pipes on (one that goes through the driverside front quarter), so to get around it i kept the original piece in, but slightly modified. could this be the problem?

any help would be much appreciated, cause im really not enjoying drivin it at the mo...:rolleyes:

Guest dee_rz

Have to disagree with homer it will cause a little lag and the bigger it tends to be the more imo so i feel this is norm but i think and i'm guessing the problem will lie in your custom work fella.

Have to disagree with homer it will cause a little lag and the bigger it tends to be the more imo so i feel this is norm but i think and i'm guessing the problem will lie in your custom work fella.

yeah me to mate. never mind

Guest dee_rz
i remember reading something on this saying that if the large FMIC didn't route the air through well enough then you would end up with a larger pressure drop as the air had to travel round the intercooler less smoothly

yes exactly think about how it works, it's a science, the bigger the kit pipe wise and depth wise etc will equate to a little lag (well higher boost theshold) more nothing major but noticable.

Guest dee_rz

who me or add, i can get a pic of my fmic it's a large 4 row blitz jobbie :cool: i have a blitz blow off valve also, i had a little lag but my 3.2 build has helped reduce lag as did my 3 inch straight through exhaust system so to be 4 inch so even better :)

FMIC's don't add lag IMO, bit of an old wife's tale that one!

Check all your pipework / jubilee's for any possible issues.... outside chance is the IC core is leaking boost, you'd have to take it off a pressure test it to work that out.