The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flat Spot ( Help)

pooh sticks

Can anybody help here? Ok heres the thing,95 sup,auto,de-restricted,only mod is a apexi induction kit,and powerflow 5" outlet stainless exhaust.cats still in place..staright pipe back to the cat.

So here we go,car runs real smooth,lots of grunt ect,ect.This all seems to go a bit t**s up once she gets up to 120 mph.The car will go past this and ive had it up to 140 plus,but things seem to slow and take forever around the 120 mark. the revs seem about 4000,maybe a bit more but even if i have my foot to the floor say at 120 it just takes to long to pass this patch.:rolleyes:

i had a 95 manual b4 this one a few years ago and cant remember this ever going on??? its got me . ive tried the new hi octane fuel 100 ron ect,,just had new plugs and cambelt from the dealers...your thoughts please..steve..ps ..is she just old and tired..done 130km????( not miles )

http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=engine003nu7.jpg

130km's is nothing. I'm at 108,000 miles and it drives like new, mostly.

You haven't said NA or TT but the pic in your signature shows an NA so I'm assuming it's that one.

I don't know if the NA's just don't pull very hard above that sort of speed. They top out at about 140-ish IIRC.

I'm wondering if it's more likely to be due to a bad speedo-convertor. IIRC, the Jap cars are limited to 120Kmph, that's KM/h, but a crap speedo convertor could/would probably just change that to a 120mph limit.

I know this doesn't fit with the fact that you can, just about get over 120, but perhaps you were going downhill when you hit 140 last time. dunno ? Some things to consider anyway.

yeah sorry its N/A, when i got the car it had the speed limit on it , the chip i got went behind the dash,caused all sorts of little problems,when changing fron park to drive, the speedo would shot up to wot ever speed. when i had my manual supra it went under the car!!! (bonkers)i was told that this was just interferance..anyway thats sorted now,like i said the car will go over 120mph , but just seems a while to get past.and as for going down hill i was on the ( m62--m18) .flat as holland) thought maybe a fuel problem..