The mkiv Supra Owners Club

t78 600 bhp supra

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

I think it sounds like a good investment....but I'd only do it if I had enough spare (~£2k) in reserve just in case. I wouldn't buy it if it was the absolute max budget I had.

I'd want to see a big version of that Dyno chart before proceeding...as it looks like all the big numbers start with a 4! It's worth going and having a look at, but take someone mechanically minded.

Edit - I've blown that dyno up in photoshop and I take it back...655BHP + 490lb/ft. But, who's to say it did it and why the thick head gasket?

Didnt they have another black one which a decent spec a few months ago?? funny enough that had "forged pistons and rods" and apart from the turbo was near identical spec to that??

Seems to me that alot of garages are taking advantage of people and saying its got things that it may or may not have!!

Saying that from the looks of it it looks well put together and the turbo kit and manifold look pretty new!! well worth a look i would say!

Do we know where abouts in lancashire its in as if its not too far i could pop down for a look and identify some of the bits and see if its worth a better look ;)

Mike

Alright people.

There seems to be some coincidences going on here.

Last week at work I was offered a 650 bhp single turbo Sup for £10.5k. The bloke's brother imports Japanese cars he told me. Everything he told me ties up with that car about the details.

The bloke lives in Clitheroe he told me. And when you look on the site on that ad, then look at the contact details, they are based in Clitheroe.

I know it.

It was available in Japan a few months ago if even. I know where it came from. I think it has been advertisted since the second it was purchased, that why its probably seems like its for sale for awhile, id imagine its not in the uk too long.

It was a good price in japan too (i thought), so seller isnt taking the piss by looking for a large profit margin.

I enquired too (but kinda new it wasnt for me) and asked for details and spec, they emailed me on x amount of photos, some the seller is pobably using, and a basic spec. The spec was VERY basic, and i just had a feeling they hadnt bothered to check the car fully over. Example "injectors" was one of the modifications given, no mention of brand or cc.

The car could very well be a good buy but id definitly check it out poperly. It came from a jap dealer and not auction, grade 4 is bollox (ask for auction sheet?) but the dealer had given it its own grade, from memory 3.5 (interior b).

Hope this helps...

would be a grade 1 car due to mods if it had no accident history otherwise a1 or r1

Ya i know mate, so obviously the "grade 4" is just a made up selling point. The jap dealer sellin it had given it its owns grade though, probably a different grading than the auctions.

• 3 weeks later...

I own a T78 and it's a fab car - however it might drive great when you test drive it and 4 weeks later blow something in the engine - mine did! putting it right if this happens will cost more than £2K and you need to be prepared for very high running costs like 200 miles per tank on hi boost settings. Big singles are superb - however go into it eyes wide open and ensure you can fund the fun - good luck