The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlights to borrow for Wedding Supe?

weinelm

I'm getting married in a couple of weeks and I've persuaded the better half to let me use the Supra as the wedding car... of course!

I've been meaning to refurb my headlights as they are a little on the yellow side. Thing is with everything else to organise I don't think I'm going to have time now, so I wondered if any one could lend me some decent shiny J spec headlights to make the Supe look it's best on the big day?

Don't mind if they are normal J spec, or facelift. I'd just like them to look good and not require any changing of wiring or bulbs etc.

I'll need them in the next week really and unfortunately probably won't be able to return them until after we get back from honeymoon in mid Sept.

I'm willing to pay postage and provide a deposit if required.

Anyone got a spare pair?

I used my Supra for my mates wedding and it got as much attention as the brides horse drawn carriage! :D

Cool, we haven't got a horse drawn carriage, but I thought it would be good to let the wife-to-be know that she's marrying me and the Supe:D

Guest gzaerojon
Good man. I'd be very grateful. Please let me know.

will do, are you after a good set or just something to keep the car on the road while you do yours?

Guest gzaerojon

no problem, i have a facelift set here so you can borrow those if you're carefull with them ;)

when do you need these by? i'll probably refurb them next week when i get a few orders cleared if thats ok?

i want my soop as my wedding car, the girlfriend just looked at me like i just pi$$ed on her cat :innocent:

Jon - Nice, one - . I really appreciate it. Facelift lights will be perfect. I'll PM you with details.

I have to admit that originally we weren't going to use the Supe, as my best man has a Cobra kit car which seemed perfect for the big day. Unfortunately after trip to the Nurburgring in the wet the cobra wasn't so perfect, so I persuaded the boss that the Supe should step in!

Guest gzaerojon

no worries mate, make sure you post up some pics :D

the cobra would've been good, my father is still building one (20 years now :rolleyes:) should be good when its done though :D

• 2 months later...

Here are some pics of the Supra at our Wedding. It was a fantastic day, everything went really well and the weather stayed dry!

Many, many, thanks to Jon (gzaerojon) for sorting me out with the headlights - The supra looked great... it even got a mention in the speeches!

Here's a short vid too: http://media.putfile.com/Matt--Emmas-Wedding-2006

DSCN1169.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg