The mkiv Supra Owners Club

been and looked at a supra tt 6-speed and need help please

MR.T

hi, i went and looked at a 94 tt 6 speed today it from a dealer and is up for £7000 its black and has some nice alloys and blitz boost controller and some :limp: A piller pod gauges, the engine had oil but it was looking dark and a little think so that needs doing, there is a slight noise coming from around the spark plug cover very quite tho, the seats was in pukka condition and inside was pretty good, outside was A++++ no marks or anything looks really nice! i took the car out on a test drive on my own and it felt very smooth, box seemed ok, has new clutch, however!! i see that the fuel light had came on as soon as i pulled out but i thought oh well i'll be quick,car felt fast but made a screaming sound when i floored it? i think i may have heard other sups make this noise tho? i put my foot down in 2nd on a long 60mph road and as the turos kicked in /2nd turbo? the car started to buck like fuel cut now i want to really know ,is this just where there is cheap 95ron fuel and no fuel in the car and it just cant pump the fueling right due to there being hardly a drop left?

i have a mint r33 gtst spec2 with a few bits and bobs fitted and i paid over 6k 4 months ago + its the rare spec2 type M, the dealer said he'll give me 5k for my car and he wants £1.5k on top, is it worth it? im going to keep pushing for £1,000 but he aint doing the belts or a service but will change the oil

??????????

do you mean the red triangle flashed, as that is also a warning for other things too, from door ajar too engine malfunction athougth other lights should also come on, could be fueling, sparkplugs, or something worse, i would not buy something that was not running right:)

Sounds like it could have been hitting fuel cut, which could inidcate tweo things:

- no FCD installed

- FCD installed and has raised the limit but and its running stupid boost

It doesn't sound very good though, what was the sellers explaination?

Where are you based, I'm sure someone from the club will be local...

im down southend-on-sea , i asked the dealer and he was just like oh i dont know what that is, i said put some fuel in it and i'll take it out again. it has a elecy boost controller and boost gauge in psi, what should the psi hit? i had a quick look while in 3rd and it was at 10psi not sure if i was totaly foot doen or up in the revs then tho. i did feel very fast tho

the scream could be the first turbo (more of a whistle) and teh warning lights could have ben the slip control (would also explain the jerk you describe if it was a decceleration).

I would suggest you get someone in the know who is local to go with you to take a look. Say where you are and hopefully someone will offer.

My advice would be to go check out another one and get a test drive in that, that way you can compare how each feels, it would be fatal to buy a TT that wasnt right and you didnt know. Often people advise not to buy the first one you see!

the scream could be the first turbo (more of a whistle) and teh warning lights could have ben the slip control (would also explain the jerk you describe if it was a decceleration).

I would suggest you get someone in the know who is local to go with you to take a look. Say where you are and hopefully someone will offer.

it did have some sort of trc button i pressed? it jerked when i really floored it in 2nd, maybe the supra was so quick and it seemedlike a blur and i just hit the limiter cos im a retard?!