The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD spoiler fitted + a question.

GazzaGSi

2 minutes into the job and it started pi*s*sing down and thought stuff it, I've waiting long enough for it to come so its going on no matter what. Overall I am very , very pleased with it but I have acouple of queries:

There were 2 pads in the box which stick on the face of the spoiler that meets the boot. Is this just to prevent the spoiler from touching the boot paintwork or is there another reason? The reason I asked is because its about 3-4mm thick and it has left the spoiler slightly raised from off the boot. Is it there to prevent water running inbetween the spoiler and boot and to the bolts?

Also, when I removed the original spoiler, there were 2 (1 either side) illuminous plastic type things, almost like a dowell for where the spoiler should be located. Do I remove these from the original spoiler and use them on the TRD one?

Finally, in the bag of bits that come, there were 4 small black strips of plastic, anyoneknow what these are for?

Anyway, pics:

Just gotta get my spats fitted and sideskirts now :D

Hi Gaz

You don't need the plastic strips, even the manufacturer is not sure what they are for (they copied these from the original TRD wing), but insists on including them in the box despite how many times I have told them not to bother.

I *think* they are meant as a spacer between the wing and the car, if you want to add sealant around the joint.

When installing make sure you use some anti-seize stuff on all the threads.

real good looking car mate

have you received the cheque i sent you yet?

cant wait for mine to go on now seeing that!

im getting my bumper and spats painted now next youre spoiler and side skirts(when i find em that is lol);)