The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello

Guest Mikethevice

Guest Mikethevice

Hello there,

My names Michael, im a newbie to the site, just thought id pop a post up to say Hello, i currently drive a Nissan 200sx S14 but its just not for me and i have always had a love for the Supra, so when the right one comes along i will be on it like a rash, was looking at "Crimbos" Uk Spec in the for sale section, but its just out of my price range! :(

Anyways, gr8 lookin Site

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

Mike

Guest Mikethevice
Welcome fella! Stretch the budget the Uk's are becoming very rare! He he!

Yeah i noticed that, i find it strange that i cant insure a import for another 6months, but the Uks are better spec'd and i can insure one now. such is life i guess-bloody strange.

Mr B, ure car is frapping beautiful! :thumbs:

Guest Mikethevice
I can see a can of worms about to be opened :D

Welcome by the way :clap: and good luck with the hunt.

Cheers fella, feel free to rip that can open.... am i miss informed?

Guest Mikethevice
yes... j-spec's are much better:D

Please do go on, if its worth me waiting 6months to get a better one i will, i have nothing but time!

Cheers fella, feel free to rip that can open.... am i miss informed?

I know a UK is better for your insurance, but that's the only thing i can think of as a bonus. Have you called SKY?? The money you save from buying a UK could easily pay for the insurance for a J-Spec with change.

I guess a good thing for the UK's is they have steel blades in the turbo which are stronger and can handle slightly more power (if you dare). But on the other hand imports have ceramic blades which handle heat better and spool faster.

Down sides are UK's come with dildo's on the front while imports are ALWAYS full of crap left by the last Jap owner :D

Im sure you can find hundreds of threads on th subject that will go into MUCH more detail.

Ignore the UK haters, they are just jealous of the fact that we'll always be exclusive no matter how many plastic clad J-Spec horrors continue to flood these shores, they also neglect to remember the other enhancements like better cooling, fuelling and so on... they remember when they spend £1000's adding them to their budget models in the search for better power though ;)

I'll stop now.

J-Spec or UK spec will make you very happy, good luck with the hunt.