The mkiv Supra Owners Club

has anyone ever

Guest gzaerojon

Yup, me and many others here. I bought the same indicators from him 2 years ago. They fit perfect and have not faded/yellowed at all after this time (unlike my side indicators from another trader!).

They did not come with the loom so had to order them from Toyota at something like £30 for the pair then splice them into the exisiting indicator wiring. Not really an issue though as whatever you do you'll have to hack the indicator wiring somehow.

what's the quality like?

Looks like the ones I have. Quality is good. I didn't bother with the expense of buying a new harness. I enlarged the bulb holder holes slightly on the new ones. I then cut off the bulb holder recess off the orange indicators and glued them onto the new ones! So I can use the original size bulb/bulb holder! Needed to buy orange bulbs (50p). The facelift style have two bulbs so I just blocked one hole off of each indicator

Yup, me and many others here. I bought the same indicators from him 2 years ago. They fit perfect and have not faded/yellowed at all after this time (unlike my side indicators from another trader!).

They did not come with the loom so had to order them from Toyota at something like £30 for the pair then splice them into the exisiting indicator wiring. Not really an issue though as whatever you do you'll have to hack the indicator wiring somehow.

No hacking for me Darryl - But I went for pikey method!:blush:

Guest gzaerojon
Looks like the ones I have. Quality is good. I didn't bother with the expense of buying a new harness. I enlarged the bulb holder holes slightly on the new ones. I then cut off the bulb holder recess off the orange indicators and glued them onto the new ones! So I can use the original size bulb/bulb holder! Needed to buy orange bulbs (50p). The facelift style have two bulbs so I just blocked one hole off of each indicator

to be honest i probably wont bother buying the harness, i think i'll just "reform" ;) them to fit

i like a good chalenge :D

hi ro how you doin mate?

I'm good thanks fella, was good to meet you at JAE. Hows the Supra shopping list? ;)

to be honest i probably wont bother buying the harness, i think i'll just "reform" ;) them to fit

i like a good chalenge :D

Good man.

I thought I'd butcher the original indicators as they are worth nothing!

Guest gzaerojon
I had them on my old car and TBH i preferred them to the actual toyota ones, they didnt come with the gay orange tint to them. Couple these with a set of Chrome bulbs and youve got a completely clear indicator. Look the Dogs'.

i was just thinking that, i looked up the toyota ones a second ago, copies look much nicer

where can i get chrome indicator bulbs from? :)

i was just thinking that, i looked up the toyota ones a second ago, copies look much nicer

where can i get chrome indicator bulbs from? :)

There is a seller on ebay sells them for about 15 quid a pair, but i have heard, although never tried, that the good old halfords spray paint, sprayed over standard orange bulbs has a good enough effect.

Guest gzaerojon
There is a seller on ebay sells them for about 15 quid a pair, but i have heard, although never tried, that the good old halfords spray paint, sprayed over standard orange bulbs has a good enough effect.

thanks mate :)