The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Been busy today!veilside spats/skirts/fenders

mr keef

i want to fit the overfenders but want to keep my wheels. what type and size of spacer you using? keep the pics coming :thumbs:

My alloys were 9"wide rear and 8.5"front..so i used 1 inch spacers rear and half inch front,i will be getting some wider wheels,when funds allow,so i'll have to make do with the hubcentric spacers for now.

Looking good so far. Are you going for a new colour or just original respray? Can i ask, why did you need to cut the arches? Was it for space for the wheels?

Yea basically the rear arches were cut and i folded them up so the veilside arch were solid and filled underneath,it gave a nice clearence for the wheel,the fronts i didnt cut,i just bent the lip up a small amount using a hammer.Yea i fancy a different colour,not 100% what yet,decided against a candy,as i use the car everyday,i also like midnight purple,or some kinda dark pearl blue,i gota lota thinking to do:)

My alloys were 9"wide rear and 8.5"front..so i used 1 inch spacers rear and half inch front,i will be getting some wider wheels,when funds allow,so i'll have to make do with the hubcentric spacers for now.

same as mine. did you get the swpacers specially made? will look fantastic when its done

same as mine. did you get the swpacers specially made? will look fantastic when its done

I bought them ages ago from members,i know one of the sets were specially made,not sure on the other,and cheers dude i hope to get her finished in the next few weeks,i'm just doing bits and bobs on weekends at the moment:)

i thought everyone says not to use spacers, as it wrecks your wheel bearings

That's so not true..... I've ran spacers on my last 3 jap cars one of them being a hard driven 600BHP Skyline with 1" spacers on and no signs of excessive wheel bearing play at all. On my 450BHP 300zx I ran 3.5" spacers (Massive) for 14 months and again no play in the bearings what so ever. So as far as I'm concerned it's an old wives tale....:) :p

I just hear that make your car handle like poop. :search:

Maybe Chris Wilson can shed some light on the matter.

It may do but I wouldn't know any difference as I have always had spacers on there. I was reccomended them and bought them from Rod Bell (RB Motorsport) who is prob the best Skyline tuner in Europe and currently tunes the quickest European Record Holding Skyline in europe at 9.24 1/4 mile achieved at TOTB last year. If he says they are ok then I'm inclined to believe him he sold them to me and also made them too. Chris Wilson knows Rod and definately respects his opinion he's one of the best.:D :) :D

if money was no option then yea 2 or 3 grand wheels would be great,but for now when money is an option ill stick to 100 pound spacers :-),you know people keep banging on about handling,but 99.9% of the time my car is used for work and everyday life,not for driving on the limits and doing constant track days,so imho its not a massive issue,and the spacers i have used up to now i have not noticed any handling problems or differences at all.If my car was only used as a track toy then yea i might notice a difference,but i'm a normal guy who loves cars,and loves messing around with cars,i aint a racing driver....well not on weekdays:)