The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Window tint: is this good?

tepster

i have a friend professional window tinter will do yours for you £130 with 5 year guarentee if it even bubbles he will replace. check my garage for samples (mine are slightly darker than legal) but you can get them any shade.

Maybe it's getting cheaper! I paid about 350 quid for my Celica 5-6 years ago. And 260 quid for my Supra about 3 years ago.

How dark will the front side windows be, if they are to remain legal? From what I gather, you can't do much with the current legislation.

Maybe it's getting cheaper! I paid about 350 quid for my Celica 5-6 years ago. And 260 quid for my Supra about 3 years ago.

How dark will the front side windows be, if they are to remain legal? From what I gather, you can't do much with the current legislation.

i think it must let about 65% light in.

i have a friend professional window tinter will do yours for you £130 with 5 year guarentee if it even bubbles he will replace. check my garage for samples (mine are slightly darker than legal) but you can get them any shade.

Just looked at your garage, those are slightly darker than legal;)

Just looked at your garage, those are slightly darker than legal;)

hehe yeah, i decided to go for the stealth look, all thats missing now is some black rims, a body kit and trd spoiler :blink:

i dont think itll look over the top seen a few others in black with black rims they look nice. something like this pic but not a red lip, silver would be good.

hksupra.JPG

Window film varies quite a lot in quality hence the variation in price. If you wanna use the cheap crap from Halfords (Defender) it will always definately fade because it is so much thinner than the better quality trade film and always after a few months start puckering up on the edges... The good quality stuff comes on a huge roll around 1.25 metres wide and is very thick by comparison to the Halfords stuff..

i don't like my tinted windows :( they came with the car, i think i'll make a mess if i remove them

Edit: 2000 posts :D

apparently jon if you use a small blade (wilkinson sword or the link) and gently wedge it at the edge of the film until you have enough to grab, and use a heatgun or hairdryer, while you peel, you should be ok. but thats just what they say ;)

Window film varies quite a lot in quality hence the variation in price. If you wanna use the cheap crap from Halfords (Defender) it will always definately fade because it is so much thinner than the better quality trade film and always after a few months start puckering up on the edges... The good quality stuff comes on a huge roll around 1.25 metres wide and is very thick by comparison to the Halfords stuff..

thats right!

thats much better... and near to me. where was that? is the quality ok?

I sorted the phones for a windscreen and tinting company in Bournemouth a couple of months ago. He owes me a favour, I will give him a call on Monday for you, see what he will charge. He quoted me £180 for full tints on a BMW X5, so a supra should be cheaper!

I will give you a call and let you know mate.

I sorted the phones for a windscreen and tinting company in Bournemouth a couple of months ago. He owes me a favour, I will give him a call on Monday for you, see what he will charge. He quoted me £180 for full tints on a BMW X5, so a supra should be cheaper!

I will give you a call and let you know mate.

cheers nath. ur up late!