The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2 problems with my car :<

Darren-K

theres def 2 problems with my car,

one is a grinding from the steering when turning the wheel right when parking say,. and some times just turning at slow speeds it kinda rumbles/grinds when the wheels turned....

any ideas ? :(

my old Rsturbo did the same thing too.

the other problem is basically, i think is something rubbing on the rear left side,. its def wheel related as its coming from the wheel and speeds up and slows down with speed etc,.

its just like driving past a fence with your passenger window down - ( hence i wsnt 100% sure )

the cars on 19"`s .

any ideas ? the cars also been lowered before i got it,.

any help realy appreciated.

Daz.

one is a grinding from the steering when turning the wheel right when parking say,. and some times just turning at slow speeds it kinda rumbles/grinds when the wheels turned....

mine does that sometimes. Always has done, but only sometimes. I'd be interested to hear what the cause is too.

my old Rsturbo did the same thing too.

the other problem is basically, i think is something rubbing on the rear left side,. its def wheel related as its coming from the wheel and speeds up and slows down with speed etc,.

its just like driving past a fence with your passenger window down - ( hence i wsnt 100% sure )

the cars on 19"`s .

any ideas ? the cars also been lowered before i got it,.

any help realy appreciated.

Daz.

i get this to when i'm parking!!!!!! i'm not really worryed about it though to be honest,,,nice to know what it is though?:)

Jack your car up at the front, place the axel stands under the wishbones, where they attach to the body, move your steering left to right. See if it still makes the same sound.

IMO, you need to flush the power steering fluid and replace.

first issue, have a check your power steering fluid, could be a very big chance, if not, check power steering rack then, which is not good, when you say it makes a grinding noise, is it just when you turn the steering or when you have it on full lock when moving?

the second thing, check wheel arch, check position of the wheel on the other side and compare it, if they're the same, maybe jack it up have a look at the shock.

I might be wrong, but worth a try I guess, I'm not too familar with supra as it is my first not haven't got it very long, so haven't done much work on it yet, but if it was a honda, thats what I'll be doing first.

first issue, have a check your power steering fluid, could be a very big chance, if not, check power steering rack then, which is not good, when you say it makes a grinding noise, is it just when you turn the steering or when you have it on full lock when moving?

If it is all the time, then it would be the rack, but at full lock, when the pump is working against the fluid pressure, it makes a noise, but not a grinding one, so could be lack of fluid or a split in the system.

If the at full lock you open the PAS reservior and the fluid is froth you have a leak!

We just installed my FMIC and we changed the Power Steering Fluid...

And the car makes alot of noise if its low or have air in it...

Just fill it up, and turn the wheels all to the right, and then all to the left.

Like 20 times .....till the sound goes away...

Well its worth a try....if you haven´t check the level....:)

Mine does this also, I thought it might be the drive belt but i've replaced it and it still happens.