The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Side skirt refitting

Daston

Hi guys

Just under a year ago I had my bomex side skirts fitted but the workmanship wasn't really all that good. Are there any decent body shops that know what they are doing who could refit them in the exeter/bristol area? The main problems are;

1: they used rivits along the door seem (under the door on the inside of the car) and this has caused the fiberglass to ripple.

2: just before the front wheel arch the fiber glass has flexed away from the bodywork.

I dont really want to buy new skirts but if I cant get this fixed I may have to.

Heres some pics of my problem

Drivers side below door hinge

Drivers side front wheel arche

Driver side door skirt thing

Passanger side below door hinge (this is better than the other but has started to come away)

Passanger side door skirt thing

Any idea if this is repairable or is it time for new skirts and get them fitted better.

Have you taken it back and said anything to them ???? I would if it were me and argue with them until I ws blue in the face "CASH IN THE HAND" or not that is poor workmanship either way !!!! If it were my business I would want to put it right as it is the reputation of their business at stake !!! Either that or they simply just don't care what they send out of their premises which in my opinion they shouldn't be in the business if that is their attitude !!!

Have you taken it back and said anything to them ???? I would if it were me and argue with them until I ws blue in the face "CASH IN THE HAND" or not that is poor workmanship either way !!!! If it were my business I would want to put it right as it is the reputation of their business at stake !!! Either that or they simply just don't care what they send out of their premises which in my opinion they shouldn't be in the business if that is their attitude !!!

Take into account the cost and the time (cash in hand means just that,a cheap job) name and shame??? why. they are probably quite good. i have blended mine and they still move and crack in places as they are not meant to be part of the car, and as a result of body movement they will start to crack after time. Saying that if you spend the right money on all the right plastisiser(sp) and flexible aditive you may get away with it..JMO though..oh and i've had beer or three;) :) :D

That's pretty shoddy workmanship maybe you should share with us all who fitted your sideskirts so we can all avoid going there !!!:D :) :D

If they dont fir properly to start with, how can you say crap workmanship.

See this is EXACTLY why we DO NOT FIT COPIED KITS!

If they dont fir properly to start with, how can you say crap workmanship.

See this is EXACTLY why we DO NOT FIT COPIED KITS!

That's fair comment fella, I did over look that it was a copied version of Bomex Side skirts I have to admit I thought they were originals. However, there seems to be plenty of other people out there with copied body kits me included for one with an absolutely spot on job done too even other people in this thread. I'm a self employed Tattoo Artist and in my trade there is no such thing as a cheap and cheerful "Cash in the Hand" job. If there is a problem with any of the work that goes out my door then I will re-do it free of charge which is why I have a good reputation in my Trade and have a 5 month waiting list. I just think that the same should apply to all trades, I would be embarrased and ashamed of any of my work being out there as "Substandard".:)

Yes Daston it Can be put right, but I simply cant quote on a job like that. Whatever time it takes is what it takes. I know that sounds bad, but we have fallen there too many times.

**USUALLY** it works out cheaper to buy originals. EG £500 for skirts, £150 for paint + fit = £650 - What you can sell yours for ??£100 ==== £550

**USUALLY** it works out cheaper to buy originals. EG £500 for skirts' date=' £150 for paint + fit = £650 - What you can sell yours for ??£100 ==== £550[/quote']

That sounds like a plan was thinking of changing the look any way.