The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bird Sh$t

Sharpie

Finished work today to find that the local birds have been using my car for target practice. Washed the car tonight because of this but, found that the sh$t had already started to do some damage - I guess with external air temps being 27-30 DegC (more in direct sunlight for the whole day) it was baked on. It came off OK during the wash but, noticed the slight orange peel affect on the paint, it was only on the car for a matter of hours.

I guess I'm going to strip the car of all polish/wax at the weekend and see if this helps remove the damage already done ???????

Just a warning if you see any Sh$t on your car in these temps :(

Pete, I had a similar problem, I used most of the off the shelf products to try and remove the damage with little effect, in the end I got GVN to try and polish it out, not a total success but a big improvement. A good trusted bodyshop should be able to do this for you.

Best of luck.:thumbs:

A Clay bar, as already mentioned, and some Zymol HD-Cleanse.

Or if you don't want to use Zymol I'm sure Meguires will do something similar, I just mentioned Zymol cos that's what I use and it does an excellent job...

;-)

I have only ever used Zymol products on my paintwork for the last 3yrs since, it's respray :D

I was going to try the HD-Clense and then buy a clay bar if needed.

I normally buy from Vertar http://www.vertar.com/product.asp?P_ID=213&strPageHistory=search&strKeywords=klay&numPageStartPosition=1&strSearchCriteria=any&PT_ID=all