The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Feel like a new car...Dyno sheet included.

garetheves

Having fitted my FMIC the other weekend i thought id best get the car checked over and so have had it down at Hyper Sports and Racing for the last 2 days having some very minor work carried out as well as having my SAFC II remapped and everything checked out on their rollers. Pulls much better now, as before i was getting quite a hesitancy in 3rd, 4th and 5th at the higher revs. This has gone and it pulls really well through the all the gears. It made 450 Bhp (well 447 to be precise) and although im quite please with this power i must admit i was secretly hoping for the majic 500. The guy that was doing the runs and mapping said that it easily had 500+ in it but the SAFC was letting it down and to get the most out of it i would be better going for the Emanage.

Could anyone cast an eye over the Dyno sheet below (sorry its only a photo but dont have a scanner) and see if it looks right. Must admit, as some of you may have seen from another thread of mine, that i was a bit confused as to why they ran it in 3rd not 4th.

Also is what the guy was telling me about the Emanage accurate? I know its a quality piece of kit but will it really make that much difference to the power with it being more "tuneable". Im just trying to justify spending £1000 on buying and mapping the thing next summer for the sake of an extra 50 Bhp.

Cheers.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5487/dscf0178dh6.jpg

Nice figure that, did you ask them about running it in a different gear, having read that other thread about running it in 4th/5th maybe you would have made closer to 500 anyway.

Ps seen your motor out on the road today, see "was it you"!

Gaz, my emanage blue will be for sale in a month or so when i go with a Motec. Will come with everything including a suitable base map as we will both have a similar set up.

And how much will you be looking for. Was only planning on getting it next summer but i spose if one came up at a good price the old credit card could cop the amount for a few months.

Not sure how old it is but the map alone is £150, i think you can pick the emanage up with both harnesses,data cable and software for about £200.Only thing you will need is the extra greddy pressure harness ( to achieve 1.4 bar) which is nearly £100 itself.

Id probably have to get it remapped anyway just be sure it was running just right, plus i dont think id risk me fitting and setting it up by myself. Let me do some more research into them but please (i know its frowned upon on here) give me first dibbs when it is up for sale. Cheers dude.

without starting the whole safc/itc versus e-manage debate i asked pete at thor what he thought about upgrading to the e-manage as i was considering it, he said with the T61 it wasn't worth it, it would clean up the mid range (which is a limited compromise with the safc) but give NO more top end power, bear in mind Gaz he could of said "oh yes it will give you xxxbhp and we can fit it for xxx£" so i appreciated his honesty, power wise think about it to get more power you need more fuel/air an ecu alone will not do this the safc is more than capable of giving the correct AF ratio at WOT its the rest of the map thats a mess, as for timing i dont think you would be doing alot at WOT anyway my itc is set up with loads of advance at the bottom end but neutral at the top, i am not saying dont do this upgrade just dont expect any more top end power on the dyno, if your planning a bigger tubby in the future you will have to move away from the safc anyway

without starting the whole safc/itc versus e-manage debate i asked pete at thor what he thought about upgrading to the e-manage as i was considering it, he said with the T61 it wasn't worth it, it would clean up the mid range (which is a limited compromise with the safc) but give NO more top end power, bear in mind Gaz he could of said "oh yes it will give you xxxbhp and we can fit it for xxx£" so i appreciated his honesty, power wise think about it to get more power you need more fuel/air an ecu alone will not do this the safc is more than capable of giving the correct AF ratio at WOT its the rest of the map thats a mess, as for timing i dont think you would be doing alot at WOT anyway my itc is set up with loads of advance at the bottom end but neutral at the top, i am not saying dont do this upgrade just dont expect any more top end power on the dyno, if your planning a bigger tubby in the future you will have to move away from the safc anyway

Hmm interesting. THink ill be doing a lot more research then and asking a lot more questions over the coming months. Just out of interest Paul, when you had yorus Dyno'd what gear did they run it in? and how does your system differ from mine??

Hmm interesting. THink ill be doing a lot more research then and asking a lot more questions over the coming months. Just out of interest Paul, when you had yorus Dyno'd what gear did they run it in? and how does your system differ from mine??

sorry gaz mines an auto didn't dare look at the car on the dyno i was sat in a corner hiding waiting for it to blow up lol, the only differences i can see between mine and yours are injectors (550's), T61, tubular manifold (dont know what yours has), Apexi ITC, ported/gas flowed head

450 BHP at 1.4 bar :respekt: Lend me some please :D

And ... i love your Trial rear bumper plus Burt's Do-luck front end, its just so right for my Supra in near future!:p :superman: :lol:

Thanks, im a big fan of the Do-Luck and Stillen noses myself, may consider one one day if i get bored of the current one.

If you do get an EMB then get Ian to map it...having said that you've got a good dyno plot for a S-AFC....though there is no AFR reference.

It's not just the timing that makes the EMB/EMU better its the number points in and the adjustability of the map that makes it better. The area in the stock map where the stock turbos switch to parallel from single is bonkers and takes about 4 load sites in 1000rpm to sort out.

If you do get an EMB then get Ian to map it...having said that you've got a good dyno plot for a S-AFC....though there is no AFR reference.

It's not just the timing that makes the EMB/EMU better its the number points in and the adjustability of the map that makes it better. The area in the stock map where the stock turbos switch to parallel from single is bonkers and takes about 4 load sites in 1000rpm to sort out.

Where bouts is Ian based and am i looking at Mega Bucks to get it mapped? So IYO Alex, is the Dyno result a pretty decent one considering the setup ive got?