The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno @ JAE

Matt H

Hi all!

For anyone that went to JAE over the weekend you may now that Red.Dot had a rolling road there. Ive never put my car on the rollers since i had it so i thought i would give it a try. I was nervous tho incase the power was down or something but i had to know!!

£40 handed over and they drove her onto the rollers. The noise my car made through the rev range was orgasmic!! Then, off the power and the car slowed down. I legged it off to the read out.......... Everyone quessed around 330BHP at the wheels as the temp was about 33 degrees c or something, i put i conserviative estimate down at 350bhp at the fly. When i looked at the screen tho, i almost wet myself!!

395.9 BHP at the fly!!!

Yipee!! So chuffed with that figure, and considering the weather was so hot and the fan wasnt very good on the RR, i reckon on another day i would be seeing about 410BHP!!!!

The graphs below!!

So, for all those out there that dont believe in Hybrid Turbos, then heres the proof that they are the dogs!! Im running hybrids and dual decat...

SO SO SO SO chuffed!! :D :d :D :d :D :d

Good man!its nice when you have more than you expected!

My mate put his S13 on there on Sunday and the heat really affected it.

Yeah, i was worried about the heat being a problem, who knows, it might of been! lol, maybe it was a problem and my car should be putting out loads more!!! :cool:

Not trying to have a dig or anything Matt, but. This is what i dont understand about hybrids. My car made 320 at the wheels (auto) as just bpu at only 0.95 bar of boost. I was told by the rolling road engineer this would be around a 410fwhp car

Are the dynos that go to these show very accurate as i know the one at japshow came up with some interesting figures on a few members cars?

But, i appreciate the heat would have affected it that day.

no i'm not bobbeh, it was at Surrey rolling road who seem to give 'accurate' figures. i'll try and find the print outs, he did say it was down to the fueling that made it make that power

Still seems a little optimistic to me.. I'll just have to pop down to Surry RR myself and get mine done there to compare with my previous dynos.

Reason why I'm curious is that most stock'ish' JDM autos I've seen on that kind of RR dont get anywhere near 300rwhp!

hmmm, interesting. Certainly most other people who used it that day got what they were expecting.

My point was just that Matt's and a few other power figures i've seen on here with hybrids dont seem huge if you had laid out all that cash for hybrids.

But anyway, i'm really not having a dig Matt, was just curious.

Christian

Hyrbids TT's are generally putting out 450+ BHP at the fly, not a great deal more than BPU, but nevertheless they are a bit quicker.

Its for people who want to keep the sequential set up, and get better stronger Tubbies that can give them more flow with the supporting mods, and at the same time keeping the engine looking pretty much stock, which can be a bonus when it comes to insurance policy ;)

Well done Matt very impressive considering you are running was it 1.0bar of boost on a day to day basis, what was it on the day? Just think what it could be tuned to if you put the BC back on get EGT, Wideband, Fueling / Fuel Computer / FMIC / water injection etc :) You be able to park even faster at mascrat ;)

Well done Matt very impressive considering you are running was it 1.0bar of boost on a day to day basis, what was it on the day? Just think what it could be tuned to if you put the BC back on get EGT, Wideband, Fueling / Fuel Computer / FMIC / water injection etc :) You be able to park even faster at mascrat ;)

Lol!!!! i think maybe it was pushin 1.1 / 1.2 bar, im not sure tho!

So, for all those out there that dont believe in Hybrid Turbos, then heres the proof that they are the dogs!! Im running hybrids and dual decat...

Did any other Supra's get to have a go on that dyno?

I've had 298 rwhp and 348 rwhp from the same car on different dyno's. Both on stock turbos....

Matt H, something is not right with that dyno plot.

Dynos measure Torque (not HP) and your figure of 285ib/ft does not equate to the HP claimed in the graph. A BPU car as mine registers 380-400ib/ft at the wheels which equates to 340-360rwhp. The figure of 285ib/ft at the wheels cannot possibly result in the rear wheel HP displayed on your graph. Its simple mathematics.

Did any other Supra's get to have a go on that dyno?

I've had 298 rwhp and 348 rwhp from the same car on different dyno's. Both on stock turbos....

I think the best thing to do is just compare the other cars that dynod with you on the days you went on, to get a real comparison, there is way too much variation it seems.