The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my supra back all painted, pics

jamesmark

Well guys I finally got her back had her at JAE still have a few things to do to her, Kakimoto cat back that I got from Paul E and a second De-cat pipe from Martin at the Mkivstore. Well where to begin? Their has been a few threads about my car and the bad luck I have had with it, to cut a long story short and not to bore you all I bought the car and found out it had been in an accident and was badly repaired so it’s been on the jig to get straightened but is still not perfect, it had 235’s all round!! On a TT, new suspension new front nosecone as I lowered it and smashed the Top secret bumper so thanks again to Martin at the Mkivstore for the Blitz front, the side skirts were very badly fitted, so after a few months of getting her sorted and not being able to drive her as much as I would have liked too I got her a new respray too and here are some pics of before and after. She has been painted with a pearlescent black base coat and a glitter effect on top that will only react to strong sunlight/UV light/strobe light, sorry I cant get the camera to really pick it up but one of the photos shows it slightly just times that pic by 10, and went spoilerless incase you had not noticed.

Sorry tried to host the pics but putfile not playing ball, so as you can see formt eh photo's have had the spats and skirts re fitted and totally blended in, had the Blitz logo painted on the front grill. Also got my lights refurbed by Jon (gzaerojon) which are brilliant, black with chrome rings. New Isotta handbrake and leather gaitor from Paul E. Had the dash painted the same as the car, and a new set of HID lights.

Respray was done by Dodworth Motor Bodies JCT 37 M1 top bloke, great deals and a massive passion for doing things the way the customer wants anyone who wants a respray and not charged the earth just PM me. From respray to custom Dave at DMB can see to your needs.

iP1010006.jpg

iP1010009.jpg

i-P1010005a.jpg

supra 001.jpg

mark's supra 001.jpg

mark's supra 003.jpg

mark's supra 004.jpg

mark's supra 005.jpg

mark's supra 006.jpg

mark's supra 007.jpg

mark's supra 008.jpg

mark's supra 009.jpg

mark's supra 010.jpg

mark's supra 011.jpg

mark's supra 012.jpg

mark's supra 013.jpg

mark's supra 014.jpg

mark's supra 015.jpg

mark's supra 016.jpg

mark's supra 017.jpg

mark's supra 018.jpg

mark's supra 019.jpg

mark's supra 020.jpg

mark's supra 021.jpg

mark's supra 022.jpg

mark's supra 023.jpg

mark's supra 024.jpg

mark's supra 026.jpg

mark's supra 025.jpg

mark's supra 027.jpg

mark's supra 028.jpg

mark's supra 029.jpg

supra 1.jpg

supra 2.jpg

supra 3.jpg

supra 4.jpg

supra 7.jpg

supra 8.jpg

supra 9.jpg

supra 10.jpg

supra 11.jpg

supra 12.jpg

supra 15.jpg

supra 13.jpg

Guest gzaerojon

looks good mate :thumbs: the pictures dont do it justice though, looked really good in the flesh :)

when are you finnishing it? ;)

:D

Who did the respray? It looks rather orange peely in the close up pictures. Is that just in the lacquer and can be finished off/buffed out later?

I needed the car in a hurry as family matters in Scotland so it got buffed after the pics were taken which was 2 weeks ago, its had its final buff down now just before JAE.

looks good mate :thumbs: the pictures dont do it justice though, looked really good in the flesh :)

when are you finnishing it? ;)

:D

I knwo mate, work in progress I think, the exhaust and de-cat is going on tonight/tomorrow after that i am going to lie low for a bit on it i think.

Interesting little fleck you have going on in that paint :)

The fleck is nice mate, when i first saw it as a sample i loved it, but then i wondered if it would be too much for a car of this size but it looks amazing in direct sunlight and the supra's curves helps it a lot with different parts reflecting different ways, but in normal dull weather its a black car.

Ahh thats your car, i got a close up shot of that flake it really does sparkle in the sunlight. :)

Here it is:

Yip thats my car mate! tried several camera's since its been buffed and waxed i cant get a clear go at it always take a picture of myself lol gonna try my sisters 7.2mp camera see if that can pick out any more quality

ahh, the first pics have my wheels on :D

Looks the bees mate. How much was the respray in total? I have the odd mark here and there and am thinking a total respray is the way forward.

Mines is a custom paintjob mate but he can do a full total respray for appx 1500 and thats filling any bumps etc

thats pretty good. where is he based?

oh by the way, do you still have those spare center caps for my wheels?

Centre caps got sent long time ago to that other address you gave me, a uni if my memeory is serving me

He is based about 1 mile off JCT 37 off M1 northbound