The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Taxed my car today!!!!11one

michael

Nope, the new one expires at the end of July 2007, my current tax runs out at the end of this month.

Well then you did lose out surely.

If you had taxed it on the 1st then it wouldn't have expired until end of august thereby getting an extra 3 weeks tax for nothing

It says on my tax form that the earliest you can apply is the 15th of the month in which your current tax disc expire.

So, just over two weeks if done on that day. It's not like you get it free as the new disc only goes up to the end of that same month the following year.

Dunno about anyone else but I don't want to give them my money two weeks early.

Well then you did lose out surely.

I bought a year of tax for the price of a year of tax, I didn't lose out.

If you had taxed it on the 1st then it wouldn't have expired until end of august thereby getting an extra 3 weeks tax for nothing

If I'd taxed it on the 1st my tax would have expired and I'd surely be sent to prison for bum-rape? ;)

Having tried that one before they just gave me the same tax they would have if I'd done the renewal on the 15th of the previous month, you can't sneak a month out of them anymore, I'm sure I used to do that though.

Got my tax recently via the internet, what a breeze, no long post office queues..

I couldn't do this with the Supra but did with the Punto - much easier!

The form for the Supra tax didn't have the special number on it, I had the new MOT with the ref they like though but it was complaining about the insurance database not being up to date. I'd just renewed and changed my numberplate recently so I guess they are a month behind with info or something.

Mine expired last month, bought a new one... still haven't put it in the car yet...

Well I've got one of those anodised metal jobbies with the annoying fiddly little hex bolt screws. I also fitted it a bit low making it even more awkward to get the bottom two out. I suppose I'd better change it at some point.