The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need Immobiliser/Alarm fitted in next few days

Underworld

I need my Thatcham Insurance certificate so I need an immobiliser fitted at the very least. My alarm is pretty cool, (remote start, boot opening etc) but it doesnt have an immobilizer.

My options are

1) Get a new alarm/immobilizer system ~£300 quid

2) Get a seperate immobilizer only. ~ £100 quid

Im not quite sure what to do, the alarm is cool in the sense of the extra functionality, however I think if i get a seperate immobilizer I think my system will be cat 2 security. (Correct me if im wrong).

I need to get this done in the next few days, so any ideas?

yep, immobiliser will be Cat 2 only i think mate.

get yourself a Toad Ai606 i think is the model. Matt Harwood will be able to advise you if i have the model number wrong and what to actually go for.

i have a laserline on mine which was already on the car when i got it. nowt fancy but it's an alarm/immobiliser and does the job / satisfies the insurance company so i'm happy with it.

good luck mate.