The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats The Highest Tuned N/a Anyone?????

supra-lover

Prof. Monkey is running 231.8bhp ... thats the highest i have seen on here

depends if your counting nos or not / tubby or not

Charlie

mmmmm you would think the engine would be more than capable of producing more power,, must be able to get 250 i'm certain at the wheels???? what do you think?:)

yeah but thats with tubbys (surely?).... i think the question is more what the fatest na (not na-t) ... and for that i think your going to be looking at nos... there was a fella (cant remember his username ... whoops) at mascrat manor putting through 100 bar of nos in his na.... he was pulling the same drag times as the mid TT's.

i think you would have to spend a serious amount of money to get to 250 without turbos... single kits are coming downin price for na's all the time... mkiv store are aboutto launch a nat kit for around £2000... you would almost be better spending cash on that rather than trying to squezze 250 out of the engine.... (i know your pain mate sometimes i wish mine was a little faster, but on the plus side i drive it 75 miles everday and its really reliable and i only have to sell 1 kidney to keep it in fuel... not all tt owners can say that :thumbs:)

n00b

I remember a jap tuning house (or maybe the australians thinking about it...) have had a VVTI 2JZ-GE running at a TT style 280bhp while keeping it nasp :)

Just trying to remember where i heard this...

If i remember correctly the engine was blueprinted completely, was running forged and lightened internals, high compression etc....you name it - it had it.:D

Pretty sure they needed a special mixture to do it, even 100ron fuel wouldnt have been enough. Think they were using some strong methonol based mixture or something.

Revved to like 8 or 9k if i remember correctly.

I'll try to find the details ;)

Is there no Supra N/A's running ITB's? I've seen the NSX run ITB's why has no one designed them for Supra?

With ITB's and perhaps progressive nos, forged internals I'd be expecting around the 320-350mark...no?

WOuld be real good to see the results...torquey and responsive apart from the fact it would sound like the dogs bollocks!!

Prof. Monkey is running 231.8bhp ... thats the highest i have seen on here

depends if your counting nos or not / tubby or not

Charlie

Thanks for the compliment, if I may be as bold as to take it as that!

Lucifer @ MKIVStore have a rebuilt engine that is 300bhp at the fly, completely NA, he wants about £4000 for it.

Regarding the ITB's I would love to do that, rather than what I have. Can yu imagine 6 mikuni's from a Kawasaki, or similar.

Remaining NA is a very attractive option, if not a little expensive, the only thing I dont like about Turbo option, is the loss of the sound my car makes, people have commented on how good it sounds with the combination of the XERD Header, Blitz NUR and the DaveH Intake...