The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Security

Underworld

Hello, im a bit of a noob for cars etc, so im still on the learning curve.

As far as I could tell my celica had an immobiliser (built into key I think), however I dont know if the supra has this? The key is just metal, nothing special to it.

I guess this means it does not have an immobiliser?

There is an alarm on it, however im not sure what catagory it is or if its thatcham. Does the alarm act as an imobilizer?

It might do, it might not - get it to matt harwood and get a thatcham appraisal done on it to find out.

There is an alarm on it, however im not sure what catagory it is or if its thatcham. Does the alarm act as an imobilizer?

I had a Cobra alarm, worked the central locking etc but it was not even a cat2 as previously stated get yourself a CAT1 as insurance may not touch you without proof of that.

Thanks for th plug Lewis!:)

Mr Underworld, the Supra doesn't have an immobiliser built in as standard. There is definitely nothing in the key.

The alarm you have, does it immobilise the car itself? - In theory, if you were to get out of the car and leave it for a few minutes, it should immobilise itself. If it does, it could well be a Thatcham approved model. If it doesn't, it won't be insurance approved. (with the exception of the shite Scorpion thing fitted as a dealer fit to UK cars).

If you want to have a day out to Maidstone, I'm more than happy give it a look over and if it is, I can do you a certificate for it.

Do you know what make it is?

I just had a 'clifford' Viper alarm fitted to the soop last friday. And it is the best alarm I have had and used.

2 way remotes so it tells you if its locked or unlocked - and also notifies you when the car alarm is going off (live info - within 1000ft) so you know to check it.

Well worth looking into one - mine cost me £450 (CAT1 - fully fitted) which included removing the prehistoric clifford alarm that was in the soop from japan :blink:

http://www.directed.com/security/viper/images/tx1.jpg