The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hid kit advice needed

Guest timalbert

Guest timalbert

hya,was going to order a hid kit for the supra.just wanted to know wot the bulb size were? any body with pics.was looking at a 6000 setup

The lower temp bulbs give out more light though!! Still makes a hellova difference to the lights - especially if you're J-spec :). I did the dips and fogs but won't do the main beams as there's a delay between switching them on and them coming up to temp.

The lower temp bulbs give out more light though!! Still makes a hellova difference to the lights - especially if you're J-spec :). I did the dips and fogs but won't do the main beams as there's a delay between switching them on and them coming up to temp.

I went for 100w bulbs for the main beams as they are 65w thats is stock.

I have HIDs on two of my Supras. I would definitely advise you to go for 4200k or 4500K ones - the higher k ones like 6000k or 8000k just look 'ricer' and ghey. The nearer to 4200k you can get, the more light they put out. The higher K ones are more blue or purple looking than white and look very max-power. Unless that's the look you want of course.

hya,was going to order a hid kit for the supra.just wanted to know wot the bulb size were? any body with pics.was looking at a 6000 setup

If you have j-spec lights get 9005/HB3 for the dip beam, if you have UK glass headlights get 9006/HB4 for the dipped beam.

Be very careful which kit you buy, there are some very cheap, poor quality kits out there.

the bulbs sit in the same position (with the locating groove and tab) you just need to make room for the cable in the rubber dust cap, it will all be clear when you look at it

make sure you get the correct fitment of bulb, uk's are different to j specs

I had no problems at all - both sets took about 1hr to fit and mostof that time was spent checking and re-checking LOL.

The set I have in my dips have been there for about 5months now with no issues at all. Sooooo much better and I had the PIAA Extreme White bulbs (£70 a pair!!) fited in all my lights :) :)

i acquired the TRD ones when i got the car, still not fitted though. Apparently the bulbs are something silly expensive. is this the case or will other things fit?

Just checking as it sounds like they'll have to be some sort of J spec bulb although fitting could be easy enough...

m.

I have HIDs on two of my Supras. I would definitely advise you to go for 4200k or 4500K ones - the higher k ones like 6000k or 8000k just look 'ricer' and ghey. The nearer to 4200k you can get, the more light they put out. The higher K ones are more blue or purple looking than white and look very max-power. Unless that's the look you want of course.

I agree on this, if I went for a set it would only be the 4500k looks much IMO.

Guest timalbert

hya,just to confirm then for my j spec i need to get 9005 hb3 bulbs.what do you mean when you say dipped and main beam? i take it main beam is for at night?