The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats This Box

Dave

just dismantled the dash to fit a radio band expander in and noticed this big yellow box on top of the radio its got ABS written on it but i havent got ABS what is it????

its all wired up with two multi plugs at the back.the

i think you'll find that the ABS stamp is referring to the plastic its made from. Im quite sure its the ECU for the leccy aerial or something like that

LOL!!! Now you say that I remember!!:D I tried to figure it out and whilst I was checking the connections on my head unit I heard it clicking in time to the leccy aerial going up and down!!:D

hey dave, how did you find the job of removing the dash? im wanting to change the headunit soon and am guessing il need to take the dash off to do it

Easy dude, top section (unplug leads to odo, hazards etc), gear surround, clock surround and then the main left hand piece :) :)

hey dave, how did you find the job of removing the dash? im wanting to change the headunit soon and am guessing il need to take the dash off to do it

top unit off first then gear surround undo the one screw top right and pull it off carefully unclip all the multiplugs and hey presto access to head unit if you want a hand will help you out.