The mkiv Supra Owners Club

radio band expander

Dave

yeah done it now i thought the digits on the radio would now go up to 108mhz but they dont is this right??

No, all it does is convert the signal to a lower frequency. You'll have to subtract (off the top of my head) 18Mhz to get the right channels you're looking for. So for example Capital Radio in London is 95.8 Mhz but reads out at 77.8 on the J-Spec radio.

HTH

Back in 2 mins, just going to check my radio

Just checked, and my converter is definitely lowers the frequency by 18 Mhz.

It took longer than I thought, as I'd recently replaced the battery, so the radio had lost all its settings, and I had to retune the thing. I never listen to it so it probably would have been like that for months otherwise :D

I was given one of these when i bought my car but as I changed the stereo i've never used it.

Does anyone want it, as i've never used it I dont know if it works but if you PM me your address i'll send it to you, no charge of course! :)