The mkiv Supra Owners Club

asshole copper

ECK

hi all

i was on my local dual carrageway last nite on my way to pick my son up in berwick.

im on the dual carrageway doing around 55 IN THE FAST LANE behind some old fart thats not pulling into the slow lane.

about 5 miles of it i say f#*k this so i pull in the slow lane pop it down to 3rd

and were away .

next thing i know theres a 530 bmw up my hoop, as im in no real hurry i pull over to let him pass.

turns out its a copper!!!

AWWWW NOOOOOO!!! im thinking im screwed now!

he pulls beside me peeps his horn to attract my attention and points at me to pull over.

he pulls me over and tells me to get in his bmw.

i go with no fuss, he carrys out a reg check and insurance check(all of which are in order)

he then reads me the riot act and then he reads me my rights but he doesnt charge me?! im thinking WTF!

i have a good look round his motor expecting to see all the radio equipment and camera equipment , i cant see any atall infact it looked like a totaly standard car im now thinking is this guy haveing a laugh!

he then tells me hes going to send a report to the fiscal and id here from them in about 4 months.

i ask him what charge im on and he replies by telling me to be more carefull and to get on my way.

i dont know who he was but i do know that HES A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

and i go about my way!!!

rant over thanks

alex:Pling:

You should have asked for his collar number. As I under stand it you would have to be charged with something. Did he mention speeds etc. They usually ask what speed you think you were doing. Always at the limit is the correct response. If yolu say faster than thry have clocked you at, they will use that figure as you knew you we breaking the limit.

Some unmarked cars just have a calibrated speedo so no gear, but he should have told you why you were stopped and should have indicated your speed.

Make a note of the time and date, if it does go further, demand to see the calibration certificate for the vehicle. They have to be done regularly. Our resident officers will help you with the regs on callibration.

Sounds like if it does go further you could have them on incorrect proceedure, ie not told of offence or told your rights. Thisd has to be done buy the book. Sounds like he was having a laugh and being a nuct.

Did you get the number, as if was an average Joe get them for impersonation. Check with your local nick to see if it was a genuine police vehicle, if not they will have him. They wont tell you whether it is or not, but if not they will be watching this freak.

No way was that a police officer. I woudn't have pulled over for some random guy just beeping his horn next to me, feck that he could have been anyone!

Blue lights are madatory fitment to ALL police vehicles I thought - undercover or not.

VERY VERY SUS this is a common thing now, fake policeman will attempt to pull a nice car over while he has your attention another person gets in your car and drives off!!! as im a prison officer i can get into the police computer system to check the lastest type of crimes..

TIP GUYS SERIOUSLY dont ever stop unless you see geniune police lights, and never get out of your car until the officer instructs you to. if you are unsure it is a real officer you are fully within your rights to ask for proof of id, you can take there reg number, badge number even take a photo of there car, be cautious and polite BUT DONT BE BULLIED....

If it is an unmarked car 9/10 it will have full camera and speed detection kit in, But again if you are un sure ask, ( you are NOT commiting a crime by protecting yourself )

KEEP YOUR CARS KEYS SAFE AT ALL TIME TOO....

sounds harsh i know but this is the S**T world we now life in ! !

ANY questions pls ask me :D :d

No way was that a police officer. I woudn't have pulled over for some random guy just beeping his horn next to me, feck that he could have been anyone!

Blue lights are madatory fitment to ALL police vehicles I thought - undercover or not.

Undercover vehicles only have front, side and rear lights no roof lights>> ;)

Yes and sirens too..

Just to clarify. Not all unmarked cars will have covert blues and twos surprisingly. However, i would imagine that a BMW would tho.

A police officer only has powers to stop you if he is in UNIFORM. It doesn't matter what car he is driving at the time wether its marked or unmarked its what he is wearing that counts. So say for example, a non uniformed officer is driving a marked car for whatever reason, he doesn't have a power to stop you, even if he gives an indication by using the warning equipment to stop.

However, I wouldn't use that as carte blanche to not stop, if its obviously a cop, then stop.

Although the laws in England & Scotland are not the same, they are very similar. And he would have had to have been in uniform to stop you. And if its a traffic offence he would need video evidence, as in Scotland there is a requirement for a witnessing officer for most offences and for ANY speed offence the evidence of a single officer alone is not enough to convict anyone in court wether its in Scotland or England.

If you need any advice PM me and I'll get back to you

Just to clarify. Not all unmarked cars will have covert blues and twos surprisingly. However, i would imagine that a BMW would tho.

A police officer only has powers to stop you if he is in UNIFORM. It doesn't matter what car he is driving at the time wether its marked or unmarked its what he is wearing that counts. So say for example, a non uniformed officer is driving a marked car for whatever reason, he doesn't have a power to stop you, even if he gives an indication by using the warning equipment to stop.

However, I wouldn't use that as carte blanche to not stop, if its obviously a cop, then stop.

Although the laws in England & Scotland are not the same, they are very similar. And he would have had to have been in uniform to stop you. And if its a traffic offence he would need video evidence, as in Scotland there is a requirement for a witnessing officer for most offences and for ANY speed offence the evidence of a single officer alone is not enough to convict anyone in court wether its in Scotland or England.

If you need any advice PM me and I'll get back to you

Cheers for clearing that up mate. :)

I was parked up in Maccy Dees one night with a mate who was in another car, Maccy Dees had closed. the carpark was empty, this old Saab with blue strobes screeched to a halt and two blokes wearing casual clothes got out and asked us what we were up to...

I noticed they had a Motorola radio on them each (no noise coming from them) and the strobes under the front grill were really weak cheap dim ones, in my eyes two things gave it away, The cheap strobes and the Motorola's..as the Police use Tetra on this area!

They were in a an old knackered dark blue Saab!

First thing i said to them, 'You need to buy some decent strobes those ones are shit' lol

It gets even more worrying than this.you actually get people pretending to be Paramedics too that will listen into the Ambulance channels and turn up at road accidents before the Ambulance with a Halfords first Aid kit lol.

Some v odd people in this world!

If I see the fake cops in the Saab Ill get their reg plate next time and report them...think there was no devious intention with these two other than getting off on pretending...but who knows!

hi guys this dude was in full uniform but without tie!

he got out his motor asked me to get in his (my bird was still in my car)

he done the vechile check on his radio on his chest!

i dident see any video equipment in the car at all unless it is in the boot!

ive spoke to my mate(just back from his house)

hes a copper to and he made a call and nothing has been logged on the system yet either

this cop who stopped me did look mighty pissd tho!

hope he doesnt dig his heels in

i think im going grey just thinking of no supra for 6 months or so!!!

he then tells me hes going to send a report to the fiscal and id here from them in about 4 months.

Surely that's TOO long for ANY sort of 'notification' of you 'offending' ? ?

Wouldn't it be 1 week, 2 weeks tops ???

[apologies if someone already posted that ! ! :innocent: ]

This is very worrying he could have been anyone . I saw that cop prog on ITV the other nite about the cheshire undercover car, the cop had full uniform ,lapel numbers, in car cameras ,pop up police stop lights, sirens and blues and he was in a bmw 5 series.this guy sounds a bit suspect you can get police uniforms from any fancy dress shop and them radios off the net .if they are going to charge you with some offence then they have to have proof otherwise it will be thrown out .especially if he is alone. sure it wasnt jeremy beadle

the more you guys comment on this im realising a number of things i shouldent have done

1. dont leve youre car keys in the ignition

2. dont pull over till you see blue lights

3. ask what the charge is (and ask to see evidance of it)

4. dont give personal info out (AT ALL)

5. remember the coppers uniform number or radio code

6. DONT UNDERTAKE AT SPEED (at least with the bobbys behind you!):p

keep safe you guys our cars are very stealable and were sitting ducks to any oppertune thefe!!!

ive been lucky please dont let it be anyone of you guys that get caught.

alex