The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FAO Anyone who's removed their crank pully...

EddyS

I'm using marksupra's home made tool to lock the crank pully...

How far will the bolts screw into the holes in the pully?

I can only manage a few turns at the moment (probably about 5mm) before it becomes really stiff. I dont think they are in enough to start trying to undo the nut.

They dont feel cross threaded or anything, I just imagine that nothing has ever been screwed into these holes, hence the stiffness.

Eddy, make sure the bolts go right in and are tight onto to the tool. The threads are probably rusty I had the same problem. Use WD40 or similar and keep tightening and loosening the bolts a bit at a time until they go all the way in.

I'll pm you my mobile if you need help.

If you dont tighten the bolts fully they will bend when you try to undo the crank bolt even though they are high tensile bolts.

All done now :D

Had to borrow a 3/4" 22mm socket and a massive bar off my mate, it came off piece of piss with that!

Replaced the cam belt tensioner aswel, just to be safe, wasn't really anything wrong with the old one I dont think. Also replaced the aux belt whilst I was there.

Cheers Markssupra for lending the tools, i'll post them back tomorrow :thumbs: