The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much is road tax on a Supe now?

Sub_Culture

Thanks very much, everyone, muchos appreciated. Thats the best news Ive ever heard!....

My girlfriend is ALWAYS winding me up about the cost of my Supra.... and her new beetle is going to vost more to tax! ha ha ha! RESULT!

Still doesnt beat my RX7.... £110 for a year... Get in!

Andy

this is just sicking us living in Ireland :(

£757.48 for 12 moths, £420.06 for 6 months, £215.15 for 3 months
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

Robbed
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_angry.gif

Jesus Christ! Do you have solid gold kerbs over there or summat??

I cant believe the cost of things in Ireland its not like the roads are amazing either.

not a chance, most the roads are so bad, I had brand new stock suspension on a ITR 4 years ago, which I did travel a lot everyday for work and stuff, amazingly a year after all 4 needed replace again cos the road were so bad.and they haven't really changed much these days, still very bad, another good example, drive up this road one day with a friend, 60mph zone, went around a bend and OMG, 3 deep holes on the road, and big ones they were plus a few more holes around which was big enough for my wheels to drop in to, can't swing anywhere, bang, a alooy wheel went with tyre.

now I don't drive as much, thank god, I worl in town now.

I was insurance with directline before and they cover me to drive all over the EU, I had to do that cos the insurance is a joke here, I paid £650 on the MKIII CRX Vti, in Ireland I got a qoute for 4500 euro.

didn't work out very well, I actually got a british license tax and re-register the car back to UK, since the car was imported from UK, it was easily done, it lasted not even a year, I been getting hassle from the cops and they even took my british license and sent it back to DVLA, forced to use irish license, insurance and tax. :(

can't drive the car if we dont pay it, but funny enough, the Supra cost a lot less , I always like the ITR, even though I know is nothing like a supra, but I had bought one after another, but wtf, insurance went from 2800 first year to 3098 second year then 3500 third year, god knows what it is going to be this august, my mate got his renew form, went from 3500 to 6000 on a Civic Type R, and what is mine going to be like? so I say forget it, I have to give up my ITR, but still want something nice, so out of curiosity, tried M3 Evo and Supra Qoute, suprised the M3 Evo was 2600 and Supra, even better various from 1400 to 2200.

how does that work?

by the way, if you add up the premium of the 3 years insurance for the ITR, thats another ITR worth of money there, its a joke