The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is Brampton services going to be big enough?

RedM

I was telling one of our reps about the Sunday convoy to JAE and mentioned we are all meeting at Brampton services. He laughed and said "Do you know how bg that place is?"

I said no and he replied with "Not very."

Now, he lives near-by and said that 100+ Supras will definitely struggle to get in.

What say you other locals? What's the plan if we can't all get in?

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=522000&Y=273000&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=GB&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=0&scale=25000&multimap.x=377&multimap.y=270

and http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=public&X=522000&Y=272500&scale=10000&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&lang=&db=GB&coordsys=gb

The area has been developed since the maps and photo's were printed.

Off the A14 turn towrds the hotel. 30 places in a nursery car park off the first round about. Past the hotel and up to the insdutsrial estate, swing right then take the left junction parking for 100's in front of comercial units comerc. Most will be closed at the weekend. Road is very good quality.

I was up there yesterday and thought of all of you trying to get into and out of BH:blink:

There is quite a long slip road out of the estate so rejoining in convoy should not be too difficult.

From there back to A1 via 3rd exit at the next roundabout ( not including the BP station exit.

Brampton has the Travel inn (?) Car park which is the main one we used and we can use the one behind the petrol station (I think it's for lorries) as the overflow!

Dont forget there will be other car clubs with the same idea, getting out of there can be a RPITA

Ray - if Im going in to Brampton there wont be speed humps...my car is just too low to cope with them.

As people say the prime location is the Travelinn car park, but the lorry park is also an option and theres generally enough space round the services.

Im not sure if anybody else uses Brampton to convoy in so we should be okay. Im also not expecting 100 cars to be there, we will have 100 cars at JAE, but the convoy should be about 50 cars or so.

and yes its a bugger getting out of the services but I drive at 50mph for the first few miles so everybody can catch up.

JB

Last time I came out there in a SEAT meet in my Ibiza Cupra I skidded on oil at 15mph couldn't stop for the roundabout and rear ended a Leon.

On that note you can pick straws on who ends up having me drive behind them on the way out.

I don't think TravelInn will have enough space for the cars as they'll be guests taking the spaces but none the less I don't think space will be an issue