The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meet/BBQ - Either Sun 20th or 27th August??

Peter P

Right,

As requested this is the new thread for the meet/bbq I am trying to organise in aid of Medics at The Fighting Cocks Public House, Wendens Ambo, Essex. The pub is easily reached from the A11,A14,M25 or M11 and no doubt other routes would be possible.

The aim is to get as many Supe's together as possible for a kind of mini supe only Bolney affair that can be done every year if peeps enjoy it! The car park and bottom lawn at the pub will allow us to get at least 50 cars in so space isn't a problem!! :)

The following names are from the last thread so please tag yourself on the end with any preferences you have.

Steve Chalmers from J-Tuner also hopes to attend so we may get some good publicity for the club as well as raising money for a good cause.

The entry is £10 per person but includes the first burger etc and there will be promotional t-shirts on the day, a raffle, award ceremony for various classes i.e cleanest engine bay etc plus any other suggestions you may have.

Any queries please post them up or PM me directly.

1. Peter P - Both days are fine

2. EncoreWRC, missus an kids 27th august

3. Supragold - Both days are fine

4. markymark+ bird both days should be fine get the ribs on

5. lee s both fine for me

6. Yewtave - Lazy Bones

7. MrRalphMan - Either day - Prob Just me - Eat anything but sweetcorn

8. MR.B - Either day - Burgers all the way - plenty of sweetcorn for Ralph

9. Paul Whiffin, either

10. Dazza, either

11. SteveL - 20th ( not defo on 27th yet...)

12. Andy Supra + 1 (both days are fine)

If the dates clash or are no good then let me know that as well. I really want this to be a big event with maximum turnout for the club and the charity so we will be as flexible as possible on dates.

Thanks in advance and here's hoping for a nice day and a good turnout!! :D

All the best,

Pete :)

No worries Mr.B

If we go with the 27th August as a fixed date then?

Think that works for everyone and is also the bank holiday weekend so miay be able to get the camping extended to cover the Sunday night as well allowing peeps to have a few pints and then sleep it off before heading home Monday morning!! ;) :D

I'm going to copy this thread over to the South-East event section as I'm hoping this will generate a bit more interest and boost the numbers as it's only an hour (hour and a half) from Kent and is quite a straightforward route.

Will see what the response is like and i'll keep everyone posted as things develope!

Cheers,

Christ! Why has this become sooooo painful to get any interest in?! :blink:

It's a chance to meet up as a 100% Supe only event with cheap bbq grub, cold beer and a few t-shirts, prizes and a chance to speak to some fellow owners/enthusiasts yet it's like getting blood from a stone!!! :tongue:

The date seems ok unless I missed something obvious that EVERYONE is going to?!?!??

The concept is a tried and tested one that boosts club profile and awareness and a valuable charity gets a few quid towards new equipment etc!

I've tried the rant before though and it fell on deaf ears so unless things change in the next week or so, will have to cancel this.

Apologies to those who expressed some interest.

Pete

1. Peter P

2. EncoreWRC, missus an kids

3. Supragold

4. markymark+ bird get the ribs on

5. lee s

6. Yewtave

7. MrRalphMan - Prob Just me - Eat anything but sweetcorn

8. MR.B - - Burgers all the way - plenty of sweetcorn for Ralph

9. Paul Whiffin

10. Dazza

11. SteveL - 20th

12. Andy Supra + 1

13. Dee RZ

Nice one Dee RZ lets hope your the first of many!! ;) :D

Sorry to say the cut-off has arrived and we're still pretty short in terms of numbers so gonna have to cancel this until further notice! :(

Sorry for those who signed up but maybe we can try for early summer next year as there won't be a world cup to conflict with! Probably be something elsa though knowing my luck!!! ;) :D

All the best,