The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE A1 Warning

Andy Supra

As I work next to the Showground for Barclays Stockbrokers and have already headed up there this morning at 4.30am to pick up a few client files and now i'm back home then going back shortly. Headed back at around 7am.

On the A1 heading North from London, or North from where the A14 meets approx 5 miles from the turning off for the EOE Showground you'll take, there is a fly over for Yaxley and Norman Cross Roundabout, there is a speed trap there and a mobile camera on the flyover, however it's on the other side of the roundabout looking down so you won't see it till you pass under.

Also as you join the A1 from the A14 on the left there is a ridge where police are also parked up, again you won't see till you pass.

So summary.

PLEASE DON'T SPEED IN THE 15 MILE RADIUS AROUND THE SHOWGROUND.

*Also they like to use an Unmarked Silver Land Rover and a Green BMW M3*

Would hate to see anyone lose there licenses, I got screwed the same way previously :(

I'm not sure if it's because the shows on as they do this sort of thing once a month but they did this Tuesday already.

Needless to say thought i'd warn anyway so if they've moved on or gone I apologise but was thinking of your licenses.

I'm back off to P'boro in next hour but won't be able to get onto net access as going straight into meeting so won't be able to say whether there still there or not.

On a event as big as this & the A1 being to main route going up there there's bound to be plenty of police activity so let's all have a great CONVOY up there & a great time up there with no silly action & come back with the same license that we went up there with none of us have to prove a point as we all know that Supra's are best & not worth any of us getting points or getting BANNED your only regret it afterwards.

All of us should have a great time & keeping within the speed limits cause POLICE activity is going to be VERY VERY heavy over the weekend ;) ;) ;)

On a event as big as this & the A1 being to main route going up there there's bound to be plenty of police activity so let's all have a great CONVOY up there & a great time up there with no silly action & come back with the same license that we went up there with none of us have to prove a point as we all know that Supra's are best & not worth any of us getting points or getting BANNED your only regret it afterward all of us should have a great time keeping within the spped limits cause POLICE activity is going to be VERY VERY heavy over the weekend ;) ;) ;)

Well said, but you have to get at least one know it all that thinks "it wont happen to me"

In general for anyone not familiar with it the A14 is a nightmare for speed cameras.

There's one particular one right after a sweeping bend which is really bad as if you're doing some serious speed and try to brake, you'll really throw the car off balance.

In general for anyone not familiar with it the A14 is a nightmare for speed cameras.

There's one particular one right after a sweeping bend which is really bad as if you're doing some serious speed and try to brake, you'll really throw the car off balance.

On the A14 there's also plenty of Truvelo's all over the place catching you headind towards the camera's so beware

Cheers for the advice, dont forget about the speed cameras on the A1 after Biggleswade and through Beeston and Sandy. (for the South mims etc people coming from the south)

They also put mobile vans down that stretch a lot too.. so be careful... but I'm sure like last year, we'll all be well behaved and just enjoy the convoy experience without resorting to speeding to have fun :)